Nugget Shooter Forums

First nugget with the GP3000

wjbell

My first nug with the 3000! biggrin.gif Right at 1/2 gram. Heard it at 4-5 inches with the stock 11 DD. With this good California weather we're having (was at least 60-65 deg today) I'm going to have to get out as much as I can...

post-22504-0-67581100-1326075483_thumb.j

Good on ya man! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

Yeah Bill, first person to ever see that gold! And gettin the hang of the minelab. Love this detector! Hopefully more to post soon...

p.s. thanks for the pic change

WTG... there are more where that came from and I am sure they will be in your poke soon

Thanks El Dorado. This is the place you told me about a looong, long time ago. Well it seems a long time ago... North of the road that goes up and over by the tree on the hill... The Indians said they were tears from the gods or somthing like that. Well I finally found a tear out there! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wjbell, congratulations on your first nugget with your 3000. I have been following your posts as they are very informative and I need all the help I can get. I have recently purchased a TDI SL and pretty much know your opinion of that machine but that is what I own so... I live up in Placerville and was wondering if you would confirm the lat & long that El Dorado had mentioned years ago was accuarate? Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if your the same person I met Friday afternoon,January 27, 2012.

I was out detecting out in the field with my old Lobo and I was driving a gold Toyota Tundra.

I met two guys, one using the GPX3000 who's name was Warren. Is this you?

Mike

Hey Mike, yeah that was me. Good talking to you. It's funny how many people you meet out and around that turn out to be forum members.

Warren , how ya doin with the other coils ???

Hey Frank,

The NF 20" runs pretty nice but I'm using it in a place with pretty warm ground and I think I'm finding out that the 3000 has a little trouble dealing with it. Especially with a big mono. This place has red dirt and over grass it's quiet but as soon as I hit exposed dirt it's sounding like targets everywhere. I also bought a NF 14" mono advantage and it does the same thing but has an additional issue never staying in balance. Have to balance every couple of feet. I noticed running it in sensitive is a big improvement keeping it quiet and balanced in this ground.

Anyone have any tips on dealing with this kind of ground with the 3000? Coil suggestions? I was thinking of trying a big DD, that's why I was looking for one on the other forum.

Hi wjbell, congratulations on your first nugget with your 3000. I have been following your posts as they are very informative and I need all the help I can get. I have recently purchased a TDI SL and pretty much know your opinion of that machine but that is what I own so... I live up in Placerville and was wondering if you would confirm the lat & long that El Dorado had mentioned years ago was accuarate? Take care.

I think so, but I might be a little north of what he said.