Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zukiguy

Where to buy a Thompson Dry Washer ?

I am trying to buy a Thompson Bellows dry washer or other as long as it is small and portable and has the bellows powered by a windshield washer 12 volt motor. Does any one know where I can buy one, I have searched the interent for a web site for the Thompson but have had no luck finding such. Zuki :D

I have one of Frank's Ol' Yellers. It is solid, well built, portable, and can move a lot of material. I have no problem recommending it to anyone thinking about a puffer.

Randy

THanks for the fast replies on the dry washers. I will be considering the two units as i want some thing portable that uses the bellows with a 12 volt motor so i can use a small motorcycle battery. Zuki :miner:

I bought a Thompson at the GPAA gold show and we like it.

The link from the motor to the bellows needs improvement. I will be using rod ends.

I bought two motocycle batterys from Walmart to use. One has already failed. Down to one.

They last all day, I tried using a solar panel to keep the spare charged for a long weekend. Did not work well.

Think I am going to try my Dewalt lithium batteries from my cordless to see if that will work.

Vegas vulture, try one of those small garden tractor size 12 volt batts from wallmart they are like 19 or 21 dollars.

I have used one of those for quite a while and they hold up well, small in size, recharge good and lightweight with a carry handle.

Buy the vac blower model as constant feed from constant blow for 2-3 times the volume and much better recovery than antiquated hump a bump bellows AND lasts much longer too. He's less than a 1/4 mile from my house here in redding-good man with decent construction--John

Now you got me thinking which way to , Puffer or Leaf Blower. Its seems like a lot of hassle to have to lug around a leaf blower and gasoline to run it on not to mention the poosible chance of having the leaf blower giving mechanical problems. Also the noise the leaf blower makes compaired to the silent operation of the Puffer. Looks like I have some thinking to do before I make my move ether way. Would like to be up and running with a dry washer of some sort by next month. Zuki :hmmmmm:

I have used both extensivly....

I like the antiquated bellows best myself quiet and no exaust smell in cons....

Blower type make my ears ring so loud they feel like they are bleeding by end of the day...

Ca-chunk ca-cunk ca-chunk of the bellows doesn't make me want to go postal... :nutty:

But hey that is just this old coot :old:

Theere is just something about the sound of a puffer puffing away........

I have had both types and I like the puffer over a blower. I got tired of the blower's noise.

The OLD YELLER modles that Frank makes are great machines.

I agree with Bill, the noise and the exhast smell is not what I consider any fun. Besides I enjoy the peaceful inviroment of being out in the hills when prospecting. I talked to Frank on the phone last week about getting one of his washers. Big hassle to ship so we are hoping to hook up at the Quartzite outing and he said he could bring the washer for me to pick up there once the date for the outing is set. Zuki :D

Hello,

I don't think you will EVER regret buying Frank C's drywasher. I believe Frank has them dialed in pretty well, and it would be sheer grief to stumble around trying to figure out what works, if you were to attempt to build one yourself. Frank has done that for you, AND the cost is very reasonable.

Best of luck!

~LARGO~

Sorry to blast the past and re-open an oldie but I just found this pic of the batteries I use for drywashing.

They work great my solar panel charges them easily, they fit in my jacket pocket and I've got about 10 of em.

post-1755-0-79521000-1327699432_thumb.jp

:cry2: are you out there to find gold or go all goombyya ??? Mo'mo'mo' darn the noise full speed ahead as this ain't knittn'--John :hahaha:

The motor on the Keene 151 being a 4 stroke is not that bad.. has the sound of making money.