Nugget Shooter Forums

New Year's Nuggies...Yea!!!!!

First day out hunting for the New Year today ... (Had to watch NFL, Cards, etc., on 1/1/12)... Beautiful day today in the big AZ, nearly 80 degrees ... Hit a little gully that I'd overlooked for many years and, wow, what fun!!! ... Dink after dink after dink ... Ended up right at a gram for all five, but it was a grinnin' ton o' fun!!!! ... 2012 is gonna be a great year for everyone, I think and believe! ... That GPX4500 and Joey Mono is every bit as sensitive as my old GB2 with the 6" .... Actually more so!!! Surprise for my heiny.... A couple of these dinks were down 4 or 5 inches, and the GB2 can't do that! ... Happy New Year all and I hope everyone joins the Ouncer Club this year! ... Sorry for so many pix for so little gold, but I'm just a happy guy today... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-15136200-1325559630_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-14442800-1325559643_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-36061000-1325559657_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-51515800-1325559674_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-80100200-1325559696_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-99802500-1325559714_thumb.jpg

Congrats! What a great way to start out the new year. I went close to home, Bush Hwy the Salt River where the tubers play and found 2 clad dimes, a penny, several nails, pull tabs galore! Neverless it was a great day, standing in plain sight and having ducks fly by me all day was a treat in itself.

More Au to you, Robert

Hey Cuz,

Gold is gold, chasing those dinks is always a hoot, and it all adds up.

Congratulations,

AND

Stay Healthy!

Cuz Gary

Ron.... that great nugget shooting for sure!

Ron Congrats on your finds... I agree I think 2012 will be a fantastic year, at least until Dec. 21st. :aw-shucks:

The are cute little guys aren't they! Folks such as myself who have neither the time, nor the cash to drive and hunt are envious of even the small nuggets. Keep up the hunt, and keep postin photos to keep my desire alive. In a few months I will get my shot at hunting AZ, so this keeps my eye on the prize, and if I could come home with even one of those little beauties I would be proud. I just hope my MXT can pick up small nuggets when I arrive.

Jack,

That is one helluva specimen! Wow! And it was your first placer nugg? Many future ones will likely be let downs, but they'll still be gold...

Rocco,

You're near the Eastern gold belt. Got a cheapo sluice from local Craigslist and hit up some area streams. Even the military gives ya days off duty.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Glenn, but Karma had better things in store for me, decided to go to an all new place on the 6th to do some swinging and within one hour, popped this baby out.

Stuck in vertical slate up on the bank alongside a very small seasonal creek. Picked it up edge on with the GB 2 so it didn't give the strong signal it does when flat to the coil. Really buried under a lot of debris that had filled in the gaps between the slate.

28.5%2001%2006%202012.jpg

1.6 grams short of the 1 oz club. darn.

Need to go back up there soon. Only my second placer nugget.

I am one lucky S.O.B.

Thanks Glenn, but Karma had better things in store for me, decided to go to an all new place on the 6th to do some swinging and within one hour, popped this baby out.

Stuck in vertical slate up on the bank alongside a very small seasonal creek. Picked it up edge on with the GB 2 so it didn't give the strong signal it does when flat to the coil. Really buried under a lot of debris that had filled in the gaps between the slate.

28.5%2001%2006%202012.jpg

1.6 grams short of the 1 oz club. Damn.

Need to go back up there soon. Only my second placer nugget.

I am one lucky S.O.B.

WOW GeoJack that nugget deserves it's own thread, way to go!!!

Skip