Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

DETECTOR SECURITY....

I guess all of us worry about our prized toys (beepers) when we're away from the house.....in a

place where there is no such thing as home owners insurance or any kind of insurance for that

matter that would replace my detector or coils or anything that went missing I've had to come

up with a way to at least slow down a thief....

All houses here are concrete except for the rafters and the roof(Spanish tile)so even though I have

burglar bars on the windows entry is still very easy through the roof....just slide a few tile out of

the way and drop down through the ceiling(if you have one)some here don't.....and your in the

house....

So in my toy room I've drilled holes in the concrete walls and set lead anchors in them and then

put in screw in bolts with loops or eyes in them.....then I run steel aircraft cable through the eyes

and also put in the eyes pad locks....post-300-0-94593800-1325434963_thumb.jpg

I run the cable through the spokes of coils or if their the solid type I simply put the lock through

the shaft bolt holes...post-300-0-63244600-1325434888_thumb.jpg

To secure the detectors I drill a hole in the "legs" on the housing and run a lock through there

and also the lock for the cablepost-300-0-06257000-1325435091_thumb.jpg ....at least I feel a

little better about leaving the house in a place where thieving is rampant....

Hi Don

I was just looking at an alarm the other day and was thinking about getting one

it was a motion alarm with 110 db siren and also had the ability to phone someones

phone # I didn't read all the details ,but looked good to me cost around 45$

Rodd

what is your house voltage down there??? 120,,240,, puppy power LOL....

I have a Steel Lock up box bolted to two walls and the floor. Should I plug it into 110? LOL

Hi Don

I was just looking at an alarm the other day and was thinking about getting one

it was a motion alarm with 110 db siren and also had the ability to phone someones

phone # I didn't read all the details ,but looked good to me cost around 45$

Rodd

what is your house voltage down there??? 120,,240,, puppy power LOL....

Rodd I also have motion sensors around the house but cats and birds sometimes set them off during the day so

I very seldom set it in the day time but always at night....

The voltage here is 220

Don is so secure that he hides his own gold so well he can't find it again! :lol: :ya: :hahaha:

Don is so secure that he hides his own gold so well he can't find it again! :lol: :ya: :hahaha:

I just spit good Irish Whisky all over my computer.. :hahaha:

Don

I have a 15" bolt cutter that would make mince meat of those locks and if I couldn't make that work, I have a DeWalt battery operated grinder with a metal blade. Helps me collect parking meters at night :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Don ... next time you are looking for your gold check the beer cooler ... someone told me you like to keep your gold cold so it won't grow legs and run away!

Mike F

I just spit good Irish Whisky all over my computer.. :hahaha:

Sad but oh so true....I'm still looking for that sucker(330 grams)

May have to "waterboard" the wife....

Don ... next time you are looking for your gold check the beer cooler ... someone told me you like to keep your gold cold so it won't grow legs and run away!

Mike F

Good idea Mike but won't work here.....they steal everything here....even empty beer bottles...

Don

I have a 15" bolt cutter that would make mince meat of those locks and if I couldn't make that work, I have a DeWalt battery operated grinder with a metal blade. Helps me collect parking meters at night :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Good idea there J.....something I've never thought about collecting but might be more fun to make it with the parking

meter maid and swipe her meter keys....

Just so you know parking meters and shopping carts were invented in Okla....

Too late :duc:

I too thought my goodies were secure in my great ol'500+ lb safe,bolted to the soild oak floors and wall. They took a sawzall and cut it out and took it all,complete house fulla furniture,appliances--even the dirty dishes in the sink!!! 125 year old coin collection,gold and everything gone--I use the bank sdboxes now and insure through homeowners policy backed up with pix in case bank vault robbed-John

I too thought my goodies were secure in my great ol'500+ lb safe,bolted to the soild oak floors and wall. They took a sawzall and cut it out and took it all,complete house fulla furniture,appliances--even the dirty dishes in the sink!!! 125 year old coin collection,gold and everything gone--I use the bank sdboxes now and insure through homeowners policy backed up with pix in case bank vault robbed-John

Wow.... That truly sux John.

Over my years of running and owning eateries I have been surprised at the lenghts theives will go thru in order to get a safe. Best thing I came up with is to bury it in the floor--surrounded by lots of rebar then poured concrete. Was a pain in the neck to get down on my ricky knees to use but never had one taken.

Just bought some property out in the "country" here. When we build I'm going to use the same concept to make a "safe" room.

There are a couple of kind of theives here. Most are just petty theives that honestly don't think they are doing wrong. For them it is work---besides why should someone have nicer stuff than the less fortunate. (Sound familair?) The pros on the other hand will pretty much get what they want. No need calling the police---more often than not they one and the same.

Don's set up will do the trick for the first type.

Mack funny you should mention that last group....in 13 years in this same house I've had three attempted robberies....the

first time I heard them on the roof....I went over to the open bedroom window and did a "lock n load" with Mr. G....they

took off....2nd time same thing....they didn't go and started taking the roofing tile apart to "drop in"...I sent a 9mm through

the ceiling and the roof....they departed....the rumors were that some police were doing the late night work....3rd go I heard

them walking across the roof....lock n loaded didn't stop them....wife was in the adjoining bathroom calling the police....when

she started telling them the address I heard on the next block over a motor cycle reeving up very loudly 4 or 5 times and the

one of the roof took off....guess the one on the bike had a hand held police radio....

Mc G thats what I did to my new house in nevada,built it in with a removeable cover in a closet covered in carpet. Did it myself and worked great. Sold house to friends and still in use today over 30 years later,3 breakins and never found or touched sooooo,love them safe safes-tons au 2 u 2 -John

I have the best alarm of all---80 plus pounds of flesh cutting bone crushing fangs attached to a german sheperd/boxer mixed junkyard mongral thats very alert and has complete access to the inside of the house as well as the backyard :evil1: Mike C... :ph34r2:

EZ to poison,shoot or drug and adios your goodies-John :*&$*(:

EZ to poison,shoot or drug and adios your goodies-John :*&$*(:

Here everyone has walls around the house and everyone thinks have a barking dog offers some protection. When the home owner goes away and leaves the dog outside the house the bad guys come by and throw some poisioned meat over the wall---come back early in the a.m. and scale the wall.

Just had to houses on my block hit yesterday---alarms blaring mean nothing.

Want to know the evil of big goverment rules and regs----only the PM (Police) assigned to an area can respond to that area---even if a parade of PM cars are going by the location at the time something is reported. Learned this as across the street is a PM. He is a few doors down from the house hit---stood amoung the spectators that always gather after the fact.

Here everyone has walls around the house and everyone thinks have a barking dog offers some protection. When the home owner goes away and leaves the dog outside the house the bad guys come by and throw some poisioned meat over the wall---come back early in the a.m. and scale the wall.

Just had to houses on my block hit yesterday---alarms blaring mean nothing.

Want to know the evil of big goverment rules and regs----only the PM (Police) assigned to an area can respond to that area---even if a parade of PM cars are going by the location at the time something is reported. Learned this as across the street is a PM. He is a few doors down from the house hit---stood amoung the spectators that always gather after the fact.

The PM(police military) say interferring is work and they don't get paid enough to work....that's also why there's no enforcement

of traffic rules....in 13 years I've seen two ticket being writen....have no idea what the tickets were for ....my guess would be they didn't yield to a cop in civies....

Don,

Just checking out your security. What is to stop someone from just unbolting your cable U clamps on the cable? (remeber never saddle a dead horse) :-)

Blake

I hear you Blake....my only hope is if (when) I get broken into it's not by someone with a mechanicl mind....my ammo box tool

boxs are in there also but when I leave town I have locks on them also....I have retired cop that lives across the street that keeps

a look out for me when I'm gone and I do the same for him

Don,

What kind of coil is the big spoke?

Rim