Nugget Shooter Forums

Ancient Strewnfield Gives Up 2 More

I know where theres one at least twice as big as a softball, I left it one day cause I could'nt carry it and wasn't quite sure it was a meteorite. Its not like any others I've seen I have to go back there and re find it to be sure.................. to be continued :WOW:

I found one like that about the same size too, been back twice because I keep thinking "hmm, well maybe...better check again" Looked like someone dug it a few years ago and thought the same thing after some scrubbing, maybe the same one you found. :lol:

I found one that was 99.87 grams...come on!!! I shoulda weighed it before I cleaned the dirt off and It'd probably give me my 100g. :D

Nice finds, maybe see ya out there sometime.

These are Franconia pieces, correct? (If I'm asking a stupid question, bear with me. I have never hunted G.B. or Franconia and have yet to find my first 'right', so I can't identify either strewnfield's pieces from pictures)

I wish I had a bigger throwdown for G.B. My current Gold Basin in my collection is a .5g slice. I don't even have a Franconia throwdown to test my detector. Hopefully whoever decides to hunt with me will be able to bring down a piece of each so I can see what my detector reads them as/at.

No no. I won't be down to AZ until around April. I am still stuck at Fort Bragg awaiting discharge. Once I am out, I am moving back to Fort Wayne, Indiana, and will plan my trip from there. It is almost guaranteed that I will leave to head down in April, and will give exact dates once it gets a bit closer.

Very nice finds, wherever they came from.

I'm thinking Gold Basin, they don't look like the Franconia ones I've seen.

Frank, Very Nice!!!, Hens Teeth, Woopecker Lips, that is a wonderful couple of GB meteorites !!, You sure do have the nack for the finding the big ones!! Say where is Uncle Marvin? Good Hunting! Clifton