Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi to all members, I've been lurking here and enjoying posts and after proving to myself that I qualified as a "nugget shooter" decided to join your group. My name is Curt B. and I've been in AZ for nearly a year, coming from the midwest last January when snow and cold persuaded me to try gold prospecting. After using a few different detectors I bought the bullet and got a new Minelab GPX 5000. Took about 6-8 weeks to find my first nugget, then a few others, then the summer heat drove me to the White Mountains for the summer. Returning in October, my quest renewed and found 2 nuggets one day in late November. My daily high at that point. A week later I found 12 nuggets one day and 13 the next. I hit a small patch and thus far have recovered 58 nuggets from it. Now, some of these are barely larger than pickers, but still detected with the 5000. The patch seems to be running thin, I now find it necessary to remove a little topsoil to find the deeper/smaller nuggets. I'm working the Bradshaw's near Mayer and go out most days that are not extremely cold/windy/or rainy. Happy Holidays and good hunting to all of you.

I've been trying to upload a picture and continually get "Error This upload failed"

Any suggestions

Congrats on finding the yellow metal. I just found my 1st nugget on 11/20/11 with my new GPX5000. It was a little Rich Hill nuggie weighing in at .4g. Uploading photos errors may be cause by the files being originally too large? I have that problem if I don't resize them down!

More Au to you, Robert

Curt,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your nugget count!! :thumbsupanim

For now all photos will have to be posted using Photobucket or a similar photo hosting site, Bill is working/thinking on what to do about the uploading issue, it seems that with the large membership here and the amount of photos already posted we have run out of diskspace for the present and a solution is being looked at.

Skip

Excellent work with the 5000, and welcome.

Just a suggestion , the patch you spoke of with the pickers that is wearing thin go ahead an start taking off some soil you may find larger pieces most likely that have settled down deeper.

WTG :thumbsupanim Looks like like you hit good patch-patches do get thin but never run out-I have a few places I've been working for 10 plus years where I can still go there and get a gold fix :head: Mike C... :ph34r2:

WOWSA! (EYES are Bugging OUT!)That is some great looking gold. What detector and coil are you using? Congrats!

More Au to you, Robert

:spinnin: Gold makes my world go around---and right now after viewing them righteous nuggets---it's a spinning like a top-Congrats-tons a au 2 u 2-John :wubu:

Super Nuggets! That gold has moved, I would get a geology map, they look to me like old stream channel gold and you may be able to trace it. You are doing better than the average guy! keep it up!

Max

Welcome to Nugget Shooter Curt and you are indeed qualified to call your self a nugget hunter...er....discoverer.... :miner:

Those are some nice nuggets and thanks for sharing them....

Hot dam... you found the "Glory Hole" very nice nuggets for sure!

WOW what a nice find !!! I have been pounding the Lagunas most every day for the past 3 weeks and nothing but skunk after skunk after skunk. But I have been cleaning that place up a bit of all the garbage every one leaves laying around. Today I hauled off a six pack of bear bottles and its carton and plastic bag plus some more shot shell empties. Zuki