Nugget Shooter Forums

This are my recent findings :

Picture091.jpg

bottom left Actinolite , bottom right Almandine (garnet group but its oxidized , u can see it better in the next picture) , top left metamorphic rock with little Almandines (hard to see them in this pic ) , top mid Baryte , top right Staurolite garnet-schist and biotite.

Picture096.jpg

Almandine

Picture094.jpg

Chalcedony

Bulgaria is small country (110 000km2) but we got many different species of minerals here but not in large amounts as far as know. We got alot of gypsum here , Agate can be found in Kardjali Oblast (around Arda river) , A lot of varieties of Quartz.Some of the minerals i got from a friend geologist (like the staurolite).

I would like to ask if u know how can i clean the staurolites from the garnet-schist and not to damage the crystals? I dont want to remove them from the rock but to show them a little bit more to see if there are cross crystals in there.

I would like to ask if u know how can i clean the staurolites from the garnet-schist and not to damage the crystals? I dont want to remove them from the rock but to show them a little bit more to see if there are cross crystals in there.

I think the best way to do it would be to use a small hobby type sand blaster to remove the matrix. I suppose there's other ways but that's probably the most efficient.

Steve