Nugget Shooter Forums

HI-LIFT & WINCH USE

garimpo

About 5 yrs ago while in OKC I bought my first Hi-Lift jack...found them on sale and bought the

little one...about a 4 ft. lift....put it in my travel trunk and hauled it down here...keep it in the bed'

of the Toy with a 2 ft. piece of inner tube cut to fit around the mechanism for rain protection....

Only need it once and was sure glad I had it....

Drove the Toy off into a ravine and just as the front wheels made contact with the two foot high

straight up bank on the other side the trailer hitch high centered...liked about another foot clearing

the bank...rear tires were spinning in mid air....

Broke out the Hi-Lift and raised the rear off the ground and then hauled a $hit load of rocks to

place under the rear tires....

Locked the front axel....4x4 Lo....#1 or "grand-ma" and surprise....the Toy hauled me out of a

terrible fix....

Had a blower operated dock plate at one of my post offices that blew the hose off of the motor so it would not raise. Everyone standing around wondering how to get it fixed. I pull up get my hi-lift jack out and start lifting the plate up. Did have to scrounge some wood but got it up, fixed the hose and back in business. I still think they are wondering what the hell that thing was.

Tell you what guys...after watching those videos on the Hi-Lift I'm ready to buy another one for a play toy...

Know what you mean by strange looks Greg...very few people here have see my jack but the few that have just have a

blank stare after seeing it...

Thanks for all the input folks....a great product....

I know SGTFDA now has one in his truck (because it came from my garage) :rasberry:

I've had to drive off a hi-lift or two in my days on the trails and we even once used them for aiding in the recovery of a stolen and burnt out vehicle dumped into a crevice on one of my favorite trails (Terminator in Table Mesa).

Those are like a seatbelt... don't drive off without one strapped in.

• 5 weeks later...

I never go wheeling without a high lift jack, come along, chain, snatch emm strap, wire rope and a favorite lil item a cable grip. Get you out of places where a winch is useless.

All new trucks need a bumper adapter for the high lift and another good accessory is a mud base save you from jacking on your spare tire as a base plate.

I grew up on a farm and worked heavy construction/mining all my life The High Lift jack has always been a much loved tool.

When your stuck you can't get it out till you get it up!

Morning Chris....good info about the highlift jack....I brought mine down in one of my trunks that I travel with

instead of suit cases....I know they have a lot of accessories for the jack so I'm going to start bringing down

pieces a little at a time...

In the meantime I carry a two foot long 2x4 in the back for the mud support but yes I do need a bigger foot

print for that application.....

while hunting I have buried my Toyota landcruiser up to the frame in mud and with the highlift jack and some rocks or wood was able to drive out. Like Chris said the highlift is a must for farming. it serves as a good tractor jack also. Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Jerry yesterday I found another use for the Hi-Lift.....was backing out of my garage before daylight and somehow backed

into my metal gate where it hinges onto the concrete wall.... :old: got the last rung of the gate between the bumper and

the tailgate....no way to drive it out.....took all the chains and locks off the Hi-Lift and put it under the trailer hitch and started

raising the rear of the Toyota up.....amazing how far those springs will stretch...finally got the tires off the ground and then

with a good shove I was able to move the rear of the Toyota about four inches.....just enough to get free of the gate...WHEW.

Don--- sounds like you were in a hurry to go beeping or avoid a honey do list.

Jerry yesterday I found another use for the Hi-Lift.....was backing out of my garage before daylight and somehow backed

into my metal gate where it hinges onto the concrete wall.... :old: got the last rung of the gate between the bumper and

the tailgate....no way to drive it out.....took all the chains and locks off the Hi-Lift and put it under the trailer hitch and started

raising the rear of the Toyota up.....amazing how far those springs will stretch...finally got the tires off the ground and then

with a good shove I was able to move the rear of the Toyota about four inches.....just enough to get free of the gate...WHEW.

Mac my "honey" was standing behind me in the street and in a little bitty squeeky voice was saying "stop" that

I couldn't hear over the noise of the Toyota motor....so I blamed the whole thing on her.... :evil1:

Not being use to the walls and gate I waiting for the day I forget and back up without thinking and taking out my gate.