Nugget Shooter Forums

Question for Frank C & other Drywashers.

rc62burke

Hi Frank & Others,

To all you guy's in the know with everything Drywashing, I am planning on building a drywasher down here in OZ, I have a mate who has a drywasher that I can borrow to copy.

The thing is I am not sure how big it is, I would like to make a smaller sampler unit like Franks, So if I take the measurements off the one I have access to, Can I just scale it up or down to suit the size I want or does this change the dynamics of the unit??????

Frank, what size riffle tray do you find the best for the mini sampler??

All & any help would be great, as I have not yet seen a real live dryblower in action.

Thanks guy's

Lee

Hello,

Check this site out, http://billandlindaprospecting.com/ it has some good ideas about drywashers, lots of photos, and such.

There is one small drywasher complete with plans on the part named "The Things" He calls it the "Wee Washer" http://billandlindaprospecting.com/wee-washer.html sounds

just like what you are looking for, a sampling drywasher. There are free plans with dimensions found there that would save you a lot of fooling around. There are also some pretty neat plans available for sale, at a reasonable cost as well, for larger drywashers.

I hope there is something on the site that interests you, I would think there is...

~LARGO~

Anything and everything you ever needed to know about drywashing is in the righteous books by our fantastic elderly miners statesmen Jim Straights series on drywashing. Constant flow--offset elliptical vibration mimics a gold panning motion and has the best recovery ever seen in any drywasher-as all mfgrs have copied from us and now industry standard. Great build posts on Tnet under gold prospecting multi forums---tons a au 2 u 2-John

Hello,

Check this site out, http://billandlindaprospecting.com/ it has some good ideas about drywashers, lots of photos, and such.

There is one small drywasher complete with plans on the part named "The Things" He calls it the "Wee Washer" http://billandlindap...wee-washer.html sounds

just like what you are looking for, a sampling drywasher. There are free plans with dimensions found there that would save you a lot of fooling around. There are also some pretty neat plans available for sale, at a reasonable cost as well, for larger drywashers.

I hope there is something on the site that interests you, I would think there is...

~LARGO~

Hi Largo

Thanks for the reply, I had a look at those links & it looks like it's all there, I have allready made myself a small recirculating sluice 6" x 30" which works very well & catches very fine gold, I just want to cover all base's & add a drywasher to my gear anyway I get a kick out of building something & finding gold with it Gold addiction therapy I guess.

cheers

Lee

Anything and everything you ever needed to know about drywashing is in the righteous books by our fantastic elderly miners statesmen Jim Straights series on drywashing. Constant flow--offset elliptical vibration mimics a gold panning motion and has the best recovery ever seen in any drywasher-as all mfgrs have copied from us and now industry standard. Great build posts on Tnet under gold prospecting multi forums---tons a au 2 u 2-John

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, over the last couple of years I have been checking out a number of the US based forums, the Legend Jim Straight has been mentioned on countless occassion & I have thought about the books he has written & wheather they would be of use to me in OZ I guess there is only one way to answer that question.

once again thanks.

Do you have a list of all Jim's works & possibly how to access these would be helpful.

cheers, & golden years to you.

Lee

Jim is a forum member here and advertises in the ICMJ and GPAA mags in the past. PM him and all will be revealed. My favorites are Magnificent Quest and Sussessful Drywashing, all are great in his series but more into detecting vs drywashing. tons a au 2 u 2-John