Nugget Shooter Forums
frank c

"CABO WABO" in Quartzite 2.5 OZR.

Thanks to Shep from California I puked my guts out after detecting this "lil lunker"

A beautiful 2.5 ounce specie

In case I forgot to say "Thanks" Shep !!!!!! I hate that mexican booze.

That bottle of Cabo Wabo made a freakin circle about 5 times between Shep Me Doc Parsons, Richard and Bunk.

Then it was history an I went down for the count !!! blink.gif

WHATTA OUTING IT TURNED OUT TO BE !!!!!!

Thanks for puttiun up with me guys.

And with a cloud of dust,.... a hardy Hi Ho,...... the lone stranger drove away,...in the middle of the nite.... Till next time guys. cool.gif

Maybe the hangover will be gone by then.

post-562-0-97499500-1323204773_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-67172300-1323204837_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-88070900-1323204860_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-72090900-1323204940_thumb.jpg

OH MY GAWD!!! That is amazing Frank! Just go`s to show, that they are still out there.. Nice job man, congrats!

Hey Adam you musta heard me yellin, thats exactly what I said about 10 times when I saw what it was, OH MY GAWD!!!

It wasn't another rusty piece of metal or BEER CAN

Nice. Good looking nugget like that would have me speaking Spanish also...

MAN, that one hella of bottle....errr..I mean specimen :WOW::droolin::wee: , CONGRATULATIONS Frank!!!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

Skip

That is a spectacular nugget! Congratulations on bringing that one to light! How deep? Good sweet signal? More info when your head clears, please

Shep, your are nasty for treating friends to that stuff!

Aloha Frank,

WOWZA! Now that is one awesome nugget you got there! Congratulations for bringing that puppy into the sunlight.

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

That's a freakin' amazing nugget, Frank...How 'bout more pix and detailed story PLEASE!!!! ...Cheers, Unc

YIKES FRANK!!!!!!

Man I wish I was there to see you find that!!

I bet your glad you got out of the shop and

made it to the Big Q.

Congratulations, you earned that one.

Best Regards

Herb

NICE specimen Frank. That should get you into the One Ouncer Club for sure.

I'm glad Shep was there to help you celebate.

Nice Find Frank !!!

Congradulations on the big find, please tell us the story.... how deep was it?

Dave

Awesome!

Sweet!

WOW Frank that is a nice nugget you got there. Was this the one you found on Saturday or is this another one. I did not see it in person, must have been awesome finding it.. Wish i would have found one half that size. This just make me want to get out more and find me some. It was also a pleasure to finally meet you and see that nice meteorite you found. Hope to see you someday out in GB.

Oh!! i see that was you hooting and hollering yesterday. I was startled slipped and fell to the river and man that was cold :P . Nice fiiiiiiiind now tomorrow its my turn, i hope. Happy hunting and Merry Christmass to all.

HERB, You got that RIGHT !!!

I damm near didn't make it down there for the gathering. I guess somebody "upstairs" saw a way for it to happen.

I loaded up the truck at 3:30 A.M. Sat morning an took off, it was drizzeling rain an by the time I hit the 40 interstate south of Kingman I was going thru a mix of heavy rain and snow.

Slowed down to about 40-45 and had to dim the lights to see.

I considered twice about turning around an going home, thinking what am I getting into ???

Something kept me going foward instead of turning around.

I was thinking about seeing all the guys again and I just love that atmosphere of a group of Gold Hunters at camp swappin lies at the fire at night.

And commin back to camp each day an seeing what all was found.

Ain't nothin like it, wish I was 20 again and could look foward to another 40 or 50 years of doin it.

Anywho, it went like this,

I started off covering side hills and some flat benches above the washes, that lasted awhile then the horrible temptation to get down into the wash came !!

Just knowing what would be ahead of me in the wash I was hesitant.

I've had a summer filled with diggin holes to China in washes for the ultimate piece of trash.

Started hittin signals thru some big rocks so that involved diggin around them to form a depression to turn then over into cause they were too big to just lift.

After doing that a few times and having it turn out to be the rock I got the drift of the hot rocks there an what they looked like.

Backed OFF on the power of the 3500 a bit to alleviate that syndrome an continued on with a few pieces of trash dug.

Then I hit an

Interesting signal at first, after moving 3 good sized rocks from digging the hole the signal turned to aawww f#$% another large trash piece

(overload) at about 7-8 inches down. Then I kept digging I was using the Ol Turdy-5-hundred with a 16" NF SL mono (love that analog) and even though

I cut a good sized hole I couldn't be quite sure exactly where the signal was from with the large diameter coil on.

So I called up the hill from where I was for Glenn and Mike to come down Glenn had a 5000 with the new 6x8NF coil on it so that was perfect for getting

a direction on the dig.

Once I got that I started digging deeper in that direction at about 12-14 inches I started taking big scoopfulls 1 at a time out and waving it over

Glenns coil

waiting for him to say signal or not. Then 1 scoop had the target and I dumped some into 1 hand and it was still in the scoop,

then I picked out this good sized rock out of the scoop and just before I waved it over his coil I looked at him an said Tell me you don't have a signal anymore thats what he said NO SIGNAL !!

WOWSA WOWSA, in my brain I knew I had something good then in my left hand a dirty rock that gave an overload, brushed it once with the other hand an saw a glint of color, thats all it took popped that baby in my big mouth and it came out a muddy hunk of gold an quartz.

Then the dancin started ,... I looked like the ol timer in Bogarts "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" jumpin an praisin Mother Earth !!!!

Then I filled the hole went back to camp where Bunk was and said go get a new set of underwear I got somethin to show ya.

After that our "long distance bartender" Shep showed up with the "Cabo Wabo" the rest is history.

But I'm still recuperating :tisk-tisk:

post-562-0-34808900-1323257232_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-07260300-1323257309_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-53987600-1323257347_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-79845100-1323257470_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-10095600-1323257580_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-23039300-1323257687_thumb.jpg

Proud for you Frank...that is a fantastic beautiful nugget...now for the story...

What detector....

What settings....

GPS coords.....

How deep.....

Did you fill your "depends"....

Ok good Frank....I just read the stats above....I love the part about you jumping around like Bogart did....has Glenn

sobered up yet?

:wubu: Gold GOOD :ROFL: Cabo Wabo not soo good :lol: been there and done that a few times :WOW: hmmmm a few 100 maybe, but I've grown up and matured :D ya right. tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Good gold and good company to boot guess you got your christmas present early, goes to show experiance and determanation can be life changing , thanks for shareing i knew there were still a few down there,

Is that the same nugget that just made the banner on TreasureNet? Nice find! :rasberry:

Hey Frank,

Thanks for sharing how you found that beauty!! Congratulations. It really shows how your persistence finally paid off!! Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Glad that 3500 has worked out so well in the right hands!!!!