Nugget Shooter Forums

NYC Man Makes $300 a day urban Prospecting

That is cool and the precious stones are allready cut, i cant beat that.Thanks for sharing.Might have to try that some times.

This was discussed in another thread recently. It was also on one of the Penn and Teller Tell a Lie episodes.

The guy lives with his parents, so the bones he makes are not bad cashola.

That is so believable. When I sweep the floor or benches in my shop (not often enough) there is always gold and the occasional diamond found. I just wonder how much stuck to my shoes and migrated to the yard ????

That is so believable. When I sweep the floor or benches in my shop (not often enough) there is always gold and the occasional diamond found. I just wonder how much stuck to my shoes and migrated to the yard ????

You multiply that times the number of jewelry shops in that district and you can see where it's very possible to do well sweeping or crevicing these areas... I would check the gutters and sidewalks after each rain and see if there's certain crevices that produce more then others....

Steve

Might also check with city hall and see if possible to get maps of the drainage system below street level for

that area...those systems when in a dry spell have little water in them and a lot of crevices, sumps and

low places where the pipes and ladders are set up...

If bodies can hang up in them so can gold...

No doubt there's probably been a lot of gold dust,jewels that have washed into the sewers over the past few decades but I don't think the city of New York is going to give permission for some guy to roam around down there due to liability concerns.

I have my doubts about the $300.00 figure that this guy supposedly makes per day. I just find that number a little excessive. :hmmmmm: But if it's really true, I may try it myself... :rolleyes:

Steve

Goldfinger of course your right about permission...especially with all the terrorist threats....but where there's a

will, there's a way....like find the person in charge aka "straw boss", he's the one that's sitting in the pick-up

while all the workers are down below street level working....tell him your plan and ask if he would be interested

in a %.....

I think he may well do $300 a day. If he is only doing a day or 2 a month.

You are probably right. While that district is quite large, it consists mostly of retail stores but there are a number of jewelry manufacturers and those are the first areas I would start working....

Steve