Nugget Shooter Forums

Strange email from Gary Guinotte ?????

Uncle Ron

Yo All... I just received this very strange email, purportedly from Gary Guinotte ... I don't know if it is real or not .... I know Gary, but not well enough that I think I would be on his "go to" list for help...here it is:

How are you doing? This has had to come in a hurry and it has left us in a devastating state. My family and I had a visit to (Spain) unannounced some days back for a short vacation, unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash, cell phones and credit cards were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves tomorrow but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Please I really need your financial assistance..Please, Let me know if you can help us out?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Gary

I dont know Gary... but there is alot of weird emails being sent from known folks emails lately( my folks having gotton several supposedly from me), so I would be leary of anyone asking for money in an email. Just my :twocents: .

Don't respond to it, reads exactly the same as an email I got from another treasure hunter last spring, summer(?). Anyway. it was during the riots in London, very same letter except for the location. I was then supposed to send money by Western Union to an address in London.

It turned out that the email account of this treasure hunter had been hacked, hijacked. A scam, don't respond.

I'm stuck in the airport in Denver. My flight is delayed 25 min. Send me $100,000.00 please. (airport beers are expensive!)

thanks!

If he had really sent that looking for help he would have included at least the telephone number of the hotel to contact him or the manager at.

He would have given you SOME way to get in touch if he were really in trouble don't you think ??? !!!!!

Thanks, Guys...That's what I though it was! Cheers, Unc

Hi Ron,

Happy Birthday first of all,

second, this is a total scam.

They count on good hearted people like you to tumble for this line.

It pretty much means your acquaintance had his mail hacked and they got your email from his...

all the best,

Flak

:*&$*(: I got that one yesterday and deleted immediately. No one on any other forum has brought this email up so simple to figure some scum sucker came to this forum and got info to blanket us members :evil1: John

Have a friend that had their site hacked and all their banking info and $$$ stolen. I was on their biz mailing list and got almost the same email. Bad news all around.

If anyone knows Gary, maybe call him and have him check his banking acct and cc's. Don't email because his acct may be hacked.

Wyndham

Yes, this has been going around for quite some time, it pops up on many lists and forums. Usually they target somebody everybody knows, then sends an email out to people on the list/forum. On one of the lists I follow, people do alot of traveling. One such member received a similar email and we all knew that person was heading abroad. But unbeknown to us he had cancelled.

So he contacted the person's wife, she said he hadn't left he's still here. Scams are getting better and better. They only need to nab one and that's good pay for a month

Very classic scam set up that has used locations all over the world, but typically originates from organized rings operating out of Nigeria.

You should get hold of Gary (not by email) and let him know what has happened and that he needs a new and stronger password.

Archived