Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey guys, finally made time to git on here and post something, here's the one GB fragment I found when I was out thata way in Oct. and the one I bought to test my MD before I got out there. The fragment I found had a flat side, so I sanded the hell out of it,(started with 80grit and worked up to 1200) looks real pretty now. It weighs 20.6gm. I just need to find more!

post-25539-0-85737200-1322827276_thumb.j

post-25539-0-68249300-1322827281_thumb.j

post-25539-0-71974700-1322827284_thumb.j

Hey Rockhunter, congrats on your find, looks real nice sanded, you did a great job. Its pretty cool to see the insides of the stones.

Dave

Nice finds man!!, The sanded one looks just like a store bought GB (20 g) I purchased before I went hunting there. I wanted an example and a throw down, but as an example GB it was poor as there was not much of the orginal surface to be of much use in identifing a real GB out in field. But It is pretty. Nice job!! Good Hunting!! Clifton

Mucho thanx fellers, but them little bits is just "a good start". Hope Santa brings me that "Pulse Star 2" I been wantin fer I can comence to hunt some of those crop fields out here. Back at the turn of the 20th. century, a few larger "Irons" were found by farmers with their tillers. I'm bettin there are some bigger specimens in those same fields just a little deeper, and I'm bettin nobody's bothered to search those fields with a good "P.I." machine, and I'm gonna try to git back out to AZ in March there abouts, bring the wife this time. And super congrats to you Mr. "Keeper of the Vampire Nugget", another one like that and you wont need to sell that jeep.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow you really did a beautiful job preparing that piece! I have yet to head out to Franconia or Gold Basin, so you're a few steps ahead of me. I look forward to heading out that way in the near future, unless I can find a few hunters willing to hunt with me a touch closer. Cheers.

Howdy Rockhunter ----

Well, great you took the first step on your first "spacerock" hunt. That is where I am now.

Gettin' ready for the first hunt out here in the west...live in mid-California so good place to start from and work southwest for me.

Looking to get the first "rite" rock -- it will be exciting and fun. Keep at it - sounds like you are on the trail !!!!

And most, have fun! ---- Cheers --- Bob :D