Nugget Shooter Forums

Have Small Dozer

Boondog

Hi guys and gals . I have a small dozer #7000 with 7 foot blade just the right size for

a small scrap and detect operation. I have a full time job on our claim next summer here in CA

but nothing doing this winter, so I thought I see if anyone in the southwest might want to team up.

You got a claim with POO or may be a patented claim. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens.

You can check me out if you like at http://mineralexpeditions.com

Why not make a run through the local BLM or NF parking lot

then hand them a Plan of Operation, be sure to have your camera

ready !!!! Or maybe the Gov.s front yard. I think that would be a blast !

You could tell them you want to do reserch on some darn rat and that

is the best and most ECO. way of doing it . Better yet tell them your

going to transplant them very rare yellow minerals that have eroded

out of there native habitat and you are afraid they will become extinct

and will transplant them to a safer location before they are.

Good Luck

What a great website,

very well set out and super interesting.

When I used to dredge, Slate Creek was one of the spots I wanted to go most of all.

it was right on top of my list of "if I could go anywhere to dredge."

What a beautiful area.

It looks as though you are highly experienced and I am sure anyone

who needs some scrapping done would find your dozer the perfect way to go.

Best of luck with it...

Flak

Thanks guys for the feed back on my web site!!

Slate creek was a great place to cut my teeth on prospecting, I still have a claim in the La Porte district but its up

off slate creek in a old hydraulic pit. I just can't get the La Porte district out of my blood.

By the way, being a lifelong rock hound- I was particularly interested in the petrified wood from Blue Forest. I visited the Green River formation a few years ago and dug for fish ossils. Had I known about that site- I would have stopped there also. Beautiful looking material.

Steve

Steve the Blue forest is a fascinating dig I highly recommend it. You can expect to dig deep 3-4 feet for the prized wood but there are plenty of

holes others have left, they have already done a lot of the digging for you. And to see the heard of wild horses is way cool. The soil is not hard to dig in.

TG

I can remember an old Fisher Gold Bug ad from back in the 1990s. There was a mining operation out somewhere in Nevada. Two guys, each running the gold detectors while 3rd person scraped the surface. They all got paid in raw gold. Showed 1 lb of gold nuggets, must be what was recovered in a month. Pay your help by the month, in raw gold split up.

I can remember an old Fisher Gold Bug ad from back in the 1990s. There was a mining operation out somewhere in Nevada. Two guys, each running the gold detectors while 3rd person scraped the surface. They all got paid in raw gold. Showed 1 lb of gold nuggets, must be what was recovered in a month. Pay your help by the month, in raw gold split up.

That's how we do it here on a push....the norm is 10% to the land owner and 50% to the tractor owner...

That's how we do it here on a push....the norm is 10% to the land owner and 50% to the tractor owner...

Yeah garimpo, you know there has to be more productive ways of gold prospecting these dry areas. I've been to a claim where the old timers blasted away the gravel, from a low quartz/gravel hillside with dynamite. Plenty of room left on the rest of it for a dozer.

There's a good article in the Dec 2007 issue of ICMJ on Small- Scale Mining With a Dozer and Metal Detectors by Chris Ralph.

Seem three or four guy pooled their funds and set up a operation. They were on patented property so it made things easier as far as PoO and such.

It can't be imposable to get something going ,may not be a walk in the park but hay.