Nugget Shooter Forums

Cable Thing

nvchris

Until now If you wanted a to control the false signals when you bump the coil cable when it attaches to the control box you had to make your own.

This unit is fast to attach and changing coils is a breeze.

This device is from Accurturn, (the carbon fiber shaft place) Herb Browning the same family that brought us the BAR smile.gif

Its made from a medical grade ABS. A phillips screwdriver is all you need to install it. Coil changing is quick with no tools needed.

The photos are of a prototype, the retail units have rounded corners and are a smoother finish. They also have a grove in the top for the quick track cable.

They should be included with every detector.

A Cable Thing will protect your expensive coil investment. Anyone who dose not make one or buy one risks more than a cable failure, shorting the lead can damage the detector electronics. And we all know what a pain it can be to be without you detector for the weeks of repair/shipping time.

They make a great stocking stuffer smile.gif

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Herb has contacted me and I will likely have them in stock at Nugget Shooter very soon. Will be trying one out as soon as they arrive and will let you all know what I think. Looks like a good product....

I think retail will be around 19.95 or so.....

PM me if you are wanting one....

Certainly seems worth the investment, although I would prefer non-metallic screws... At least for the permanent mount piece. I can understand the durability issue with the cable holder portion.

This little piece of equipment should be built onto every Minelab that goes out the door.

Since I made one in 2005, I have never had a problem with coil cable falsing at the control box.

If you have ever had this kind of falsing and tried to trace what was going on,

you know what a great feeling it is to know the potential problem is taken care of.

Thank you Herb for a well-built, reasonably priced version

and thanks to Chris and Bill for getting it out there for everyone to be able to buy.

If you do not have one, do yourself a big favor - get one.

(no connection with the product)

Thanks Guys!!

Glad you like them. Hope they make a great hobby

more enjoyable for all us ML users.

I'll be making another run next week, should be plenty

available by next Friday. Thanks again!

BTW if Bill is out of them, PM Wes D. he may still have a few.

Best Regards

Herb