Nugget Shooter Forums

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xt18000

Yup! I believe we have found that out! It seems that I am trying to sell Homefire some type of software while I was gone to the hills. I never even opened your email and I sent several that I did not know was sent. I had not even logged into my yahoo acct. in months but the virus was sending emails to my contact list.

A lot of folks have gotten emails from "me" in the last week or so that have no cuss words or bizarre ramblings. If you recieve an email from me that does not have vulgarity in the subject line don't be fooled... it is not me.

I saw a post yesterday, on the GPAA forum, about a virus message they started getting over there, that can wipe out your C drive. It had an invite link to click on.

Sorry about that Bob this thing was sending out E-mails faster than I could

wip them out and I was looking at them the whole time!

I think the only way to get clear of it is to change user name and password

with Yahoo and go from there.

This ain't funny and if there was a way for me to get face to face with who

ever it doing it they would find out real quick that I don't play well with other's!

There are many, even in the computer/software industry, as I am, that strongly believe the antivirus companies are the ones writing most of the viri. And that the company who blocks it first is the culprit.

Me? I use Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security on my personal machines and haven't gotten bitten in more than a decade. But I also practice safe email... I typically don't click links in emails from folks I don't know (hell, I rarely open email on my PC anymore) and I try to figure out if he message seems like something someone I know would send before even opening it in the first place.

I also check my personal accounts through gmail (I have several on different domains and gmail allows me to check and respond on those domains). Gmail provides a filter and virus protection component that doesn't rely on CrapAffee. That software is almost as bad as Norton Antivirus. Heck, even AVG free is better if you ask me!

Good luck on cleaning stuff up BB and XT. A strong password with at least 8 characters in uppercase, lower case, numbers, no actual words helps. Treat it like you would protecting your home... A 22 just won't cut it. You need an arsenal like many on here have! :)

A lot of folks have gotten emails from "me" in the last week or so that have no cuss words or bizarre ramblings. If you recieve an email from me that does not have vulgarity in the subject line don't be fooled... it is not me.

Man its good to see Bob posting again!! This is the kinda stuff that has me crackin up every time I read it !!! Bob you are great !!