Nugget Shooter Forums

Silver Rosie , and palm tree !

I detected :head: 2 soccer fields in the Am . I scored some clad....... and

2 halfs,, a french coin,, a wheat,, a 46 silver rosie !!!,, And a coin that has 2 palm trees on it . :hmmmmm:

post-15188-0-01268000-1321151517_thumb.j

Its always nice to find some silver-congrats :head: what coin beeper were you using and at what depth was the dime ? Mike C... :ph34r2:

I was using my E-trac. The dime was in the clay like soil at a depth of 4 inches deep . I found the French coin 20 feet away at a depth of 5 inches deep.

The 2 Halves were in a different soccer field. One was in a bunch of trash and I was able to hear it.

The other Half had a Quarter on top of it and it screamed at me. Both Halves were 3,1/2 inches deep.

Its about time you got out and detected !!!!!! And posted too !!!!

Nice huntn and good ta see ya post. Hope things are O.K. up your way.

Hi Frank, Ive been out detectin ,Just haven't been on the net posten much .

Palm tree coin very interesting as never seen before and thought I'd seen just about everything but now??? thanx much for something new and any ID anyone?????John

Palm tree coin very interesting as never seen before and thought I'd seen just about everything but now??? thanx much for something new and any ID anyone?????John

Just from looking at the letters, I would say Middle East or maybe even Africa. Perhaps a former colony of France... :hmmmmm:

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Still lookn' fer that goldang palmtree-found my coin bible 6" thick and will NOT give up--obsessive ol'man but something new is enriching so the quest continues-John

Still lookn' fer that goldang palmtree-found my coin bible 6" thick and will NOT give up--obsessive ol'man but something new is enriching so the quest continues-John

Wow thanks John, I have searched a bunch myself on the net ,but no luck. I have shown it around but no luck even that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Iraqi coins prominently feature palm trees, and I myself have dug up several silver Iraqi coins while building up our former Patrol Base in Baghdad. (I did manage to bring one I dug up home with me.) I am not sure of the date. I will post pictures shortly.

So we are clear though, I am not saying that this is an Iraqi coin, just that most of the Iraqi coins I have seen do have palm trees on them. So Middle Eastern is a good guess on the coin extractor found.

EDIT : I have found several Israeli coins online that look similar to your palm tree coin, and I found a website with the coin I found on it as well.

http://www.worldcoin...tails.php?id=94.

extractor, can you post the backside of the palm tree coin as well? It looks almost Israeli, but I can't find anything really close to it. If you could put the backside up it may help us ID it.

• 3 weeks later...

So we are clear though, I am not saying that this is an Iraqi coin, just that most of the Iraqi coins I have seen do have palm trees on them. So Middle Eastern is a good guess on the coin extractor found.

EDIT : I have found several Israeli coins online that look similar to your palm tree coin, and I found a website with the coin I found on it as well.

http://www.worldcoin...tails.php?id=94.

extractor, can you post the backside of the palm tree coin as well? It looks almost Israeli, but I can't find anything really close to it. If you could put the backside up it may help us ID it.

HI.... The front and back of the coin are Identical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:nutty: Thats it I finally give up. 100 days a lookn' and no palm trees :stupidrb: stubborn old man just gave up-sorry but still a mystery to me and quite a few others as NOBODY seems to able to find-tons a au 2 u 2-John :arrowheadsmiley: