Nugget Shooter Forums

I've got a chance to get back out west maybe after the first of the year. I've got a gold bug detector so if i go I could use a ref book . paper back would be great.

Any thoughts. I would likely try gold basin or where ever It looked promising. I might have a month or so and o=work out of AZ BUT.......I live in NC so east coast areas might work out in the spring before the snakes come out.

I've heard of a large meteorite found near here, Asheboro NC but it was a door stop for 20 yrs and no one knows where the strewn field might be. It now is in the museum at state capital, I believe.

Thanks for any help.

Wyndham

The book "Rocks from Space" by O. Richard Norton is a good starting place for books about meteorites.

Another good reference is the meteoritical bulletin, or met bul, at http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php They give lat/long coordinates for most of the meteorites they've listed, and you can easily download meteorite locations and "pin" them onto Google Earth and some other on line maps. That's always the first place I look, gives a good foundation for future research.

hey thanks for the meteoritical bulletin, had a chance to see some local places as well as those out west. Easy to get the bug thinking about all those places I used to visit with those dry lake beds near Tonapah NV.

Thanks again for the links. Wyndham

The book "Rocks from Space" by O. Richard Norton is a good starting place for books about meteorites.

Another good reference is the meteoritical bulletin, or met bul, at http://www.lpi.usra....or/metbull.php. They give lat/long coordinates for most of the meteorites they've listed, and you can easily download meteorite locations and "pin" them onto Google Earth and some other on line maps. That's always the first place I look, gives a good foundation for future research.

I couldn't get the link to the meteoritical bulletin to work but found the site by doing a search, here's another link if anyone else is having the same problem with the link posted by EdD270, thanks for the link Ed.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php

Skip

Very interesting. Sorry about the link, don't know why it don't work. It don't work for me, either, but it's the same as what does work on my favorites list. someday I've got to learn more about computers.

Glad I could help, however little it may be.

Very interesting. Sorry about the link, don't know why it don't work. It don't work for me, either, but it's the same as what does work on my favorites list. someday I've got to learn more about computers.

Glad I could help, however little it may be.

I did a little editing to the link in your post and now the link will work.

Thanks again,

Skip