Nugget Shooter Forums

Pocket Quartz

GeoJack

Thanks Wes. Hoping for someone closer but it is a nice ride over to Foresthill. Tried a stone counter top shop in Auburn but nobody home.

Dave, have a call out to a friend with a 3500. I've got all the time in the world to work these piles. Was going to get a small tractor and start doing a push on them and work them down. There are several pockets along this ridge and I have gotten good gold out of two so far.

I think I'll start with the level on this pile I found this piece at. Seems they were lazy so expect to find more.

Waiting for my Koss headphones to come in today so I can hit it hard this weekend.

More to come!

Geo,

Do not use a stone shop... their saw blades are really thick (1/4"or so) and you will lose a bunch of gold in the cut. My blades are measured in thousands of an inch. It's only a 30-40 minute drive to here from your neck of the woods. I will slab it for free as I do this for fun. My phone number is three two zero-3096

IMG_0541.jpg

Sorry to pull the video, but the whole area is PRIVATE land so I don't want anyone thinking this is public land for detecting or otherwise snooping around. Based on what was shown on the video, if they could pull any visual clues of the location I didn't want to cause anyone any trouble.

Plenty of open public land around these parts giving up all the gold you can put your coil over. Just do your research and double check your facts of where you are and on who's property. PRIVATE means private in these parts, Pioneer justice is administered freely.

Do your LR2000 search and good hunting.

Ya its getting tough to use lr2000 these days.

I actually got kicked off some private property this weekend and he wasn`t to happy we were there detecting. Didn`t find anything anyway but still kind of ticked me off a little. No signs, no fence, no warnings period. I respect private property but it wouldnt hurt the guy to buy a 1.50 No trespassing sign and attach it to the many trees next to the road. Especially when your so close to forest land. we were not being sneaky at all, right next to the road and i think he called a sheriff because on the way out a sheriff was flying up the road to where we were, anyway ya good idea to keep it to yourself, good luck!

Jerry

Private land is very easy to research through county records..... as prospectors we should always check the land status before we venture out.

GeoJack.. it was a pleasure having you over, hope all your projects work out.

• 3 weeks later...

Just the area in the oval above has the gold, not the whole piece.

Should be about 3" x 1", just don't know the thickness yet.

Trying to find someone with a saw to cut it down for me. Anyone, southfork?

\

Hi Geojack, I'm new here so forgive what might be a dumb question. Why not just take a sledgehammer and smash it to smithereens? The gold will stay intact ... er ... right?

hcc

\

Hi Geojack, I'm new here so forgive what might be a dumb question. Why not just take a sledgehammer and smash it to smithereens? The gold will stay intact ... er ... right?

hcc

Most gold in quartz specimens but not all are worth more than just the gold to collectors, so you have to be careful of which ones you smash/crush to retrieve the gold.

Skip

First thing to check is the conductivity to see if the gold is connected and to id how big the piece may be once acid washed.

To answer your question hcc, you can free up some of the gold, but not like what my avatar shows and it gets damaged during the crushing process.