Nugget Shooter Forums

Well the outing was a blast as usual and some nuggets and meteorites were found though it is getting very difficult to get either these days.

Got to see some old faces and meet some new friends and the weather was perfect!

Never took the camera out except to shoot one photo..... :tisk-tisk:

More later as I am pooped..... :zzzzz:

Hey Bill

I stopped by to visit but you guys were out detecting which is where I should have been but after lugging my .1 gram nugget back to the truck I was exhausted. :olddude:

I did run into Patrick so got to say hi to someone.

I had a great time , even if we had to camp all over the hill. Can't belive someone from Kentuky had to put his RV almost on top of the fire pit.

I just got to figure out the settings for my MXT so I can hear meteorites.

Looking forward to the next gathering , maybe in the spring.

I had a blast out at Gold Basin this week also -

It was great fun seeing some of my old friends and making some new ones too. Thanks for the Sulphur crystals Frank, they are very unusual and very pretty specimens.

And a big thank you to my old friend Bill for deciding to have this little get-together again - I said I was coming to the last 2 outings before this one and something came up both times. So this time I just kept my mouth shut and managed to sneak out before anything at home hit the fan or the fire :spinnin:

Dick

Henderson, NV

Ok, enough guys. I've been watching this event creep forward to the day. I am so sad I could not be there. When you all disappeared this weekend, it was tough. But I hope you all had a fun time which I know you would. I've never had a bad time at Gold Basin regardless of the wind

Just out of curiousity, did the big boy show up? J.B. ?? Haven't heard from him for a long time

Hi Bill and all I had a great time as well even though there was'nt any Free hot dogs and chips :zzzzz: or we did'nt get to hunt someones claim :inocent: -wait-he was no where to be found :hmmmmm: Just being around good company made it well worth the trip -Fire time was the best :thumbsupanim -I got to meet a few new people and met up with some old friends-As Bill stated the goodies at GB are getting really THIN-Trash is almost non existant :cry2: Thanks Bill---Mike C... :ph34r2: PS--Man am I tired and soreeeeeeeeee :olddude:

Drove by but didnt see anyone, I guess everyone was out hunting.... :aw-shucks: or I just was looking in the wrong place :nutty:

Dave

HOSER, I'll take good care of you later today ( SHOW ME THE GOLD) pics.

I'm just getting a slow start got home last night an beat to hell ( twisted ankle too!!! )

I wish I could have met every one there, I had to camp about 6 miles away cause I was pullin a double an didn't want to try drivin up to camp an not being able to turn around where I wanted.

Dolan Dave an Mike C. wish I could have caught up with you both.

I had the "BLESSING" of a hand shake from Mr. Southern saturday night as he said see ya next time I'll be leaving in the morning.

Well thanks Bill that handshake must have been the "lucky charm" because at that point saturday night I only had 2 small nuggets and 2 meteorites in my poke.

Sunday morning I got started an hit one of the last meteorite patches left I think picked up 9 hits in a small area turned out the 2 larger pieces fit together like a jigsaw puzzle and the other 7 smaller pieces I didn't have time to fool with yet but they probably fit in there too.

AA-N-D I also hit one of the last nugget patches left there too in the afternoon before I broke camp and scored 3 nice pieces.

Will post some pics later after my 3rd or 4th cup-o-coffee. I'm still tired did, alot of hunting since thursday.

Love that 16" coil on the TURDY-5-100

I'm gettin OOLLDD, :old::olddude::sickbyc:

If there is a next time, I will not show up three days early...Jeff and I were beat by Thursday and left saturday night...I found a .3 gram bit Thursday morning and five pieces of GB meteorites over the time we were there. Unfortunately Jeff did not score...I feel his pain, been there many times at the Basin.

Bill was his usual happy self. I was finally able to thank Dick in person for his many assists while he was at Minelab, Las Vegas. He is a pleasure to visit with. Mike C is a gold magnet and always seems to find some...the two I saw were little beautys!

Frank has become a regular finder too!

Johnno...we missed you and yours...

Fred

HOSER, I'll take good care of you later today ( SHOW ME THE GOLD) pics.

I'm just getting a slow start got home last night an beat to hell ( twisted ankle too!!! )

I wish I could have met every one there, I had to camp about 6 miles away cause I was pullin a double an didn't want to try drivin up to camp an not being able to turn around where I wanted.

Dolan Dave an Mike C. wish I could have caught up with you both.

I had the "BLESSING" of a hand shake from Mr. Southern saturday night as he said see ya next time I'll be leaving in the morning.

Well thanks Bill that handshake must have been the "lucky charm" because at that point saturday night I only had 2 small nuggets and 2 meteorites in my poke.

Sunday morning I got started an hit one of the last meteorite patches left I think picked up 9 hits in a small area turned out the 2 larger pieces fit together like a jigsaw puzzle and the other 7 smaller pieces I didn't have time to fool with yet but they probably fit in there too.

AA-N-D I also hit one of the last nugget patches left there too in the afternoon before I broke camp and scored 3 nice pieces.

Will post some pics later after my 3rd or 4th cup-o-coffee. I'm still tired did, alot of hunting since thursday.

Love that 16" coil on the TURDY-5-100

I'm gettin OOLLDD, :old::olddude::sickbyc:

WOW Frank! I'll have to remember to ask for a handshake fee next time :ROFL: Always good to see you my friend and everyone else too! I am in great spirits today after the weekend, but wish I could have run into Greg and Dave.... This was a "Get out and hunt" type outing so that is what we was a doing. I got 2 meteorites and 0 gold, but some nice nuggets were found by some of the other fellers.

I have some VERY COOL sulfur crystals that Frank from MI drove 32 hours to bring us all a sample of that are spectacular! Thanks Frank!

Thanks to all that drove from hither and yonder to hang out for a weekend and it was great to see you!

Good people, grate weather, cold beer....

Nice to see some old faces and meet new ones. Thanks to Frank for the crystals. :D Thanks to Bill and Jumpin Joe for direction on setting up the 5000 and pointing out a space rock... :WOW: Wowza !!!

Jeff

I'm homesick for the desert and now after reading all the post here even more so...

Frank C...now you know what can happen when you've got a bum ankle and have to beep slow...hint...hint...

Thanks for all the great post folks...glad you had a ball....

Bill

It was great for Lisa and I to get out and see everyone :D and meet a few more. Would like to thank Frank as well for the crystal :miner: . Came home a dollar short :WOW: what can you say :wubu: Mike C did it again.

Lon

Sounds like everyone had a blast. Frank, your pulling out some good stuff from the Basin keep it up, I secretly attached my tracking gps to your vehicle. Wish I bumped into Bill, Greg, and others, I could not stay overnight, so everyone must have been out in the field when I was there. These were my weekend finds.

Dave

post-1046-0-99964300-1320107435_thumb.jp

Franks been on a killing spree ever since he dug up that goodluck Budweiser can!!

Hello Everyone , Bill I want to Thank you for letting me tag along to the outing was awesome. I met alot of wonderful people and also Thanks again

Michigan Frank for those crystals. Jeff glad to help out a fellow prospector. I had a wonderful time and cant wait for another outing. Mike C. :wubu: nuff said

I'm a dollar lighter. Bill darn glad you decided to stop on our way out as i was able to score a Gold Basin meteorite before we left . Jim loved that

Chili . Well was a real pleasure again meeting everyone putting names to some faces really cool. Thank You for the memories Joe

Johnno...we missed you and yours...

Fred

Hi Fred,

Johnno wanted to go so badly this year, but we've had our plate full and toughing it out. Hopefully we can hit it next year. I miss all you guys. It was so much fun the last time we went. Johnno still cherishes Bill's pick that he offered up because he didn't bring any to sell.

Thanks for letting me jump in at the controls.

- kat -

Dave and Frank nice haul :thumbsupanim Lon-Bill and Joe-thanks for being good sports and I enjoyed your company and $ as well :inocent: Fred thanks for the compliment :rolleyes: untill the next outing see ya in the fields. :head: Mike C... :ph34r2: PS-I'll try and get a pic up later for Hoser John...