Nugget Shooter Forums

First beepster after the temp dropped.......

Yo All...Well, I think I gained about 20 lbs. setting behind my puter after 5 mos. of the AZ hell heat, but finally got out for the first comfortable hunt a few days ago ... It's a "2 Nugget" patch I found last year that popped up a bit over 4 grams ... It's an interesting spot because the gold seems to come out of Rhyolite that flowed through an ancient creek channel, picking up some nuggets along the way ... The walls of this wash are paved with round placer material embedded in the rhyolite, with lots of those round rocks, mostly fist sized, have weathered out and rolled down into the wash bottom ... Any how, the gold is well weathered ... Here's my take of another dinkster skunk chaser, 'bout a half grammer ... Now a near 5 gram patch ... Happy to get the skunk off after a long hot summer in the Big AZ ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

post-9-0-89896400-1319529392_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-36144900-1319529408_thumb.jpg

Atta boy Unc, I ran the DW on Saturday for a couple hours and got some pretty nice gold and it was good to get out for a bit. Really itching to get up to GB this weekend!

Hi Ron,

Good nice little piece to add to your collection, I remember a few years back when you gave me the trailer at your house, and showed me your gold collection, my jaw dropped to the floor. Congrats.

Dave