Nugget Shooter Forums

585 grammer found at Gold Basin

Got out today to Gold Basin, I always check channel 11 to see if anyone answers when I key up on the radio's but never have any luck. I found my largest piece to date, a 585 gram complete, and a few others. I spotted a dig hole, and right in front of the dig hole sitting in the sun was a 56 gram meteorite, so I started to grid, and not 2 feet away a large wooeeeep from the detector, and I dug down about 6 inches and pulled out the 585 grammer :WOW: . I tend to grid an area on old dig spots and every now and then I will find other pieces. Looking forward to the outing next weekend and putting faces to names, I saw a few trailers starting to head to gold basin, when I was leaving.

post-1046-0-55120500-1319423026_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-88503100-1319423048_thumb.jp

Dave

Dave

What a find!.Congrats!!!! Been waiting for you to beat my 555 find for years. You are the man. Did you find my can with the Quartz on top to mark the 555 find? the 700 find was very close as well? PM for the coords. Great find :ROFL: .

Wayne

Got out today to Gold Basin, I always check channel 11 to see if anyone answers when I key up on the radio's but never have any luck. I found my largest piece to date, a 585 gram complete, and a few others. I spotted a dig hole, and right in front of the dig hole sitting in the sun was a 56 gram meteorite, so I started to grid, and not 2 feet away a large wooeeeep from the detector, and I dug down about 6 inches and pulled out the 585 grammer :WOW: . I tend to grid an area on old dig spots and every now and then I will find other pieces. Looking forward to the outing next weekend and putting faces to names, I saw a few trailers starting to head to gold basin, when I was leaving.

post-1046-0-55120500-1319423026_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-88503100-1319423048_thumb.jp

Dave

Hey Dave!

I am proud of you man! That is a dream find now-a-days out there. They are still butt ugly meteorites, even at that size!

Talk to you soon!

Jim

Aloha Dave,

I guess your fishing pole rig works great at luring them Gold Basin Meteorites out of their hiding holes. Awesome find especially at Gold Basin.

Aloha and stay safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi