Nugget Shooter Forums

Melancholy rememberance

It seems that fall and winter are often times of loss...Jim Smaller and Dean are two fine meteorite hunters that left us just a year or so ago...I miss Jim's always educational posts. He was a very fine man!

I miss Dean's exploits with his grandson, Zman...I hope Zman's memories have carried him through the loss...

there are others but my eyes are getting watery...

only the living suffer

fred

Fred , you don't how much I miss Jim, he taught me a lot and I wished I would have paid more attention to some of the eplorations of his that he told of in his campfire stories.

I have not been back to Franconia since his departure.

Aloha everyone,

Yep i miss Jim also BUT for whatever reason it seems tht whenever I went to franconia I felt his presence once I hit the north side and started to make my way to the desolate spots away from the railroad tracks.

Aloha and stay safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

I never met Richard but am sure I missed a truely fine gentleman.

Bob helped me an awful lot early in my prospecting and became a close friend of mine who still lives on in spirit and memory.

God bless all those who made a difference to so many of us.

Paul

When I first started hunting, Jim always gave me some good advice, and was such a good person. I never got to know Dean personally, but read his posts about him and his grandson, and really enjoyed his exploits.