Nugget Shooter Forums

Finally got out...

Drove for an hour to get to one of my favorite spots, beautiful day and feeling good for the hunt.

Got all set up to go, tested my beeper.... Nothing :yikes:

After some testing turned out my SunRay Pro headset had taken a crap :tisk-tisk:

Left the spare set of Koss at home :barnie:

Did some sightseeing and went home.....

Dang Jr.....buy you books....send you to school and what do you do? No stinking spare!!! :barnie:

I am surprised that a man with your intelligence(?)....years of experience and gasoline at $4.00 a gal. and

not a back-up set of phones. :fl: See what happens when your stone cold sober??

Grab a beer or two and give it another go!!!!

Hi Bill,

It could have been almost any one of us that this happened to.

I do carry spare headphones...(and I also use SunRay Pro's...yikes),

I also have dual speakers wired onto my pack harness

so I can switch over to them if I want to (need to).

I'll bet next time you'll have a complete array of possible sound sources huh?

All the best,

Flak

What good is a detector that don't work without a set of headphones-inquiring minds would like to know :hmmmmm: Sorry but just sounds plain dumb to me as never seen a single one that doesn't work both ways??? Or at least one that I can remember anyhow :olddude: --John

John; Minelab Pi machines have never had a speaker...where you been for the last 20 years? There was one or two vlf machines made that didn't have speakers...but, I don't remember the names. Of course, I could be misremembering...any way, Minelab PI's always require headphones

fred

Dang Bill, that's bad luck. But you got some sightseeing in so not even close to a total loss. Matter of fact, isn't that half the fun?

Paul

John; Minelab Pi machines have never had a speaker...where you been for the last 20 years? There was one or two vlf machines made that didn't have speakers...but, I don't remember the names. Of course, I could be misremembering...any way, Minelab PI's always require headphones

fred

Dang Bill, sometime you can't win for losing!!

On the topic of metal detectors without speakers, the early Fisher CZ detectors didn't have a speaker, I have a CZ 6A that doesn't have a speaker, but I wouldn't part with for nothing, it's an awesome detector it's is deep seeking machine for a VLF detector!!!

Fisher did offer a little external speaker for the early CZs, I almost bought one a year or so ago but didn't, wished I did now as you don't see these little speakers for sale very often if at all.

Skip

I buy AMERICAN ONLY--always have--always will--thats why,had a current minelab bought from this forum and absolutely unequivacally hated it all to LL. To each their own likes,dislikes and perversions jus' not my thing--John

Traded to MM on this forum for gold coins,still in my SD box. I won't berate'm jus' too much of a pain for me as I like the ol'lean and mean light and compact to get to them really NASTY vertical hillsides and highbar where no man has gone before. :olddude: ol'dog using new tricks to compensate for whats broke and/or worn out,like all critters we must evolve/compensate or die a frustration---John :idea: