Nugget Shooter Forums

Garrett Infinium LS

So I was reading some reviews across some other sites last night and a lot of people seem to be happy with the Garrett Infinium LS as a gold detector. Has anyone here used it, or should I keep my focus on trying to acquire a used Minelab 4500?

The Infinium work well as an entry level gold detecting PI, but also has it limits. I owned one years ago, but went right back to my SD2100 I also had back then.

The GPX 4500 will handle hot ground better and will be MUCH more sensitive to smaller nuggets and will get better depth on all size gold nuggets.

The Infinium will work in water and that is a plus and it is also a great coil relic beach detector!

Were it me I would get a Minelab PI if planning to use it strictly to nugget shoot, more expensive yes, but also the best nugget shooting PI currently available to us down here in the trenches in my opinion.

I have used the Infinium in the past and a friend of mine uses one. They are a great detector. Very under rated in my opinion. I would have no problem against using one again.

I will not compare them to a Minelab because the are totally different. For the money you get a very good PI machine that does work very well. I would say it on par with a Whites TDI as far as performance goes, the Whites being far more adjustable to conditions

I have a friend that has just got an Infinium and needs some advice on settings/tips for using it for hunting gold, so if anybody that has used one for hunting gold any and can give some advice on settings/tops to help in his learning curve I'm sure he would be grateful!!

Skip

Righteous machines and try taking them others underwater,surf line and creek nugget shooting-plop and dead but the G-I jus' keeps on a purring down to 250' they say--John

I always ground balance in the fast or slow position then switch to the locked (fixed) for searching and just ground balance as I go if it starts getting jumpy. Other than that I keep the discrimination set at 1 (no higher than 3). Pretty easy to operate. Best advise is to just get out and use it.