Nugget Shooter Forums
chuck,tx2

Bear Creek

Bear Creek

When I was a wood carver, before I know there was gold nuggets laying out in the dirt of the Deserts I would gather Pine knots to carve Trappers & Indians for bean & gas money around Pinos Alto N,M, The image is a carving of a Eskimo, Broken Tusk. that I carved out of a pine knot found on Bear Creek'

While I was camped there a small girl turned over a rock & found a 1.3 gram nugget in the Creek, She sure started a Minny gold rush.

I met a couple there that had 2 boys & were teaching them the Indian ways, the small one killed a lizard & the mother asked him when he wonted to eat it, super or breakfast? Since it was supper time he picked breakfast, I saw him the next day & asked him how was Mister Lizard, I am sure as hell not going to kill any more lizards, He convinced me he was

telling the truth. Was a good time, chuck

post-873-0-51424700-1317613178_thumb.jpg

Another interesting story Chuck. Keep em coming! I really like the wood carving. I used to make carvings until I almost cut my thumb off twice so I decided to stop doing that. Do you still make them?

I never tried lizard but heard it's no so bad, better with tobasco sauce.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I have a one track mine, After I caught the fever I find it hard to relate to any thing Else & I truly loved to carve.

Gold is ever on my mind. chuck

Beautiful carving job Chuck. But lizard eatn' is story as they even make cats sick or even killm' so don't think a human could handle'm????John

John,

I think the bigger the lizard the tastier they get, but that's just what I heard somewhere or made up.

Paul

Love the carving Chuck!!! :wubu:

Yum, nothing like charred Goanna for supper!!! :droolin:

Skip

Chuck, the carving was awsome!! Johnno...that dude yerked that lizard out of the hole and cracked his dome on a rock so fast I couldnt believe it !! I would venture to say he's done that a time or two! :sickbyc: