Nugget Shooter Forums

Got to get out yesterday (Sat.) with Jim Wooddell (desertsunburn), and Jason (Jayray) to do some gold basin hunting. I ended up getting a total of 441 grams. Weather was cool in the first part of the afternoon with clouds, then it cleared up and got warm in the later part of the afternoon. We all did pretty good at the basin.

Davepost-1046-0-47653900-1317572071_thumb.jp

Got to get out yesterday (Sat.) with Jim Wooddell (desertsunburn), and Jason (Jayray) to do some gold basin hunting. I ended up getting a total of 441 grams. Weather was cool in the first part of the afternoon with clouds, then it cleared up and got warm in the later part of the afternoon. We all did pretty good at the basin.

Davepost-1046-0-47653900-1317572071_thumb.jp

Good hunting with you and Jason. I put a hunt report up on my web page

I see you found a few more after Wendy and I left! Very cool! :thumbsupanim

Jim

Aloha guys,

Man, I am going absolutely nuts not being able to get out in the desert with my GMT. I dont care what the doc says, I am planning on heading out to Gold Basin this coming friday or saturday for a day of hunting. Hope to meet Frank and a couple of others out there who can give me a pointer or two. I REALLY need to get back into the groove come hell or high water. I just hope I can stay away from any cliffs, ledges or snakes on this trip. :barnie:

Aloha and stay safe guys. I will also heed my own words for a change too! :ROFL:

Stan aka Kaimi

Jim & Wendy, Dave,

It was good hunt yesterday, and I appreciate the "pointy finger" Dave. Here are

my finds for yesterday. I was really wondering if the coil was working or not,

but it proved itself.

73.1, 53.4, 41.1, 37.2, 29.3, 27.8, 26.7, 24.1, 23.4, 17.2, 16.1, 13.2, 12.8, 9.1, 8.9, 8.4, 5.2, 4.9, 4.4, 3.5, 3.1, 1.8, 1.7, 1.3, 1.1, 1.0, 0.9, 0.6, 0.5

Total was 451.8 grams for the day. That is probably the best I have ever done

at Gold Basin. Again, thanks for the hunt and the wonderful day. Just a side

note, I'm sore today...Now to recoup for next weekend. Jason

DSC07886.jpg

DSC07888.jpg

Aloha guys,

Sure sounds like you guys were no where near we have hunted in the past. Gold Basin is getting smaller each time I go there with all the "Private Property" signs being put up.

Nice finds everyone. Hope to get out this weekend for a little hunting.

Aloha and stay safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

I am getting excited about Franconia already. I have all my batteries recharged, hunting gear checked and ready....even friggin washed my pack today...for the first time in I don't know how long.....no....wait :idea: ......it's the first time I've ever washed it!

Watch....I'll probably get stung by a swarm of bees cause I'll smell so pretty. :nutty:

Jim

Frank, I didn't see Marvin any where out there. But let me tell you I had to work for these. I was using the 14" ellip, and was wondering if it was broke. I didn't hit a thing for the longest time. Then, it was just one after another. I really was surprised at how sensitive it really was. My Joey got a break for the time being...

Stan, take care of that ankle, and before you know it, you'll be collecting them as well. Maybe just a few less though :lol: .

Johno, it was fun, but for me it was all work until the last hour of the day, truly. The sun was only a few minutes before setting and then they all came at once.

Jim, I need to charge the batts, and start to get my plans in order for school. If I don't get them I may be trouble...

Jason :)

Congrats to all of you. :thumbsupanim

It seems it was a very successful hunt for all. Who said Gold Basin meteorites are rare and hard to find. :hmmmmm:

You could have fooled me. I hope the October Franconia hunt turns out as well.

Richard aka kgmrg

Wasn't there a fella back in the day way before or just at the infantsy of M.D. technology that said "meteorite strewnfields are NEVER completely hunted out? "H.H. Ninninger" I think his name was. You guys did really great, hope I can do half that good when I come out there fer the end of Oct. outing.

Nice haul...

FRANCONIA OUTING...when????or is it a private affair?

fred

Hi Fred!

This Saturday. Open to all. Celebrating several of the hunters who have birthdays in October. Many are going to be there. Meeting at the tracks and Franconia Rd. 6 am. Will be walking in about 630 am, from the tunnel.

Jim