Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Found Then Returned (Mike C)

T-Bone

Mike i remember when this pendant was found and the fourm member who returned it and where it was found,this was quite a a story from a few years ago.can you recount the story for us.it let's us know that really strange things happen.this pendant is on my mind every time i see your post. T-Bone

post-1101-0-89169800-1317353879.jpg

Hi T-Bone-Wow that was a while back-Lets see I had lost this out at LSD somewhere when I was romping around on my atv-it has a pin and I keep it attached to the protective cover on my detector along with another pin and it popped off somewhere along my travels that day and did'nt notice it missing till the end of the day and was really bummed because a good friend of mine made it for me and I had mentioned to Bill at the time I lost it and to keep a lookout for it because he beeped alot out there and knew what it looked like-well anyways I can't remember how long it was before it appeared on Bills forum--but it was quite a while :hmmmmm: --and Uncle Ron posted it-I could'nt beleive it :yikes: -Right away I sent Ron a PM telling him that I had lost it a while back and described to him what it was made of and how and he gave it back to me-Cudos to him-I don't know if he ever beleived that it was fo rsure mine but gave it back to me anyway-I still have it attached to my detector but with a better pin--Memories-Thanks again Uncle Ron :wubu: -Mike C... :ph34r2:

Thats a great story, and some good luck if you ask me, thanks for pulling that one out of the archives T-Bone...I hadnt heard that story before, and its a mighty fine pendant if you ask me....now I know..."the rest of the story"

Yo All... Yes, I did find Mike's pendant in one of my old patch areas, down in the trail going to it, actually... When I first found it I thought it was just some sort of junk... I found the pendant and the clasp part separately ... And it was coated with some caliche mud ... I kept it in a jar of little nuggets and other finds on my night stand and one night, a couple months after I found it, I got curious about it, so I brushed it off with baking soda, water and a tooth brush ... Then I realized what a cool find it was ... I posted it on this forum as a cool find and Mike immediately contacted me saying it was his and telling me a bit about it's back ground ... I never questioned it was Mike's for a second ... He and I have done some nugget shooting together and he's a stand up guy ... I am very happy to this day that I was able to return his special pendant ... I'm a big believer in several kinds of karma because I've lost things out beeping, a gun, backpack, tools and the like, and had them returned through amazing and unlikely circumstance ... I also don't kill Joe No Shoulders out there in his living room and he's never struck the whole distance for his part of the bargain... :thumbsupanim ... So obviously, I think paying attention to the the entire nature of the events we encounter out there looking for the "tears of the gods" is important and rewarding ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah