Nugget Shooter Forums

2 new rocks

My wife Wendy went to an antque store with her father last week and found a couple things there real cheap ($10. fer both). The 1rst. (2 pics)-pyrite with quartz and mica, and I think the other is a tree calcite with some small single pyrite cubes scattered throughout.

post-25539-0-19005500-1317229999_thumb.j

post-25539-0-68102200-1317230002_thumb.j

post-25539-0-53396500-1317230006_thumb.j

Hey thanx steve, I guess the specimens were being used to display some jewelry,(on one a necklace & earing set and the other, 2 or 3 rings). Wendy pointed to them and asked the clerk"How much?". The clerk asked her "the necklace or the rings?. " Wendy said "not the jewelry, just the rocks there sittin on! ". The clerk, a little surprised, removed the jewelry, picked up the specimens and found, not attached, but laying beneath each, little price stickers, one had $7. on it, the other had $4. on it. Wendy offered $10. fer both, and the lady sold em to her. She brought them home and said, " hey baby, look what I found for ya ", then told me the story. The funny thing is, before she ever met me 5yrs. back, there had never been an interest in rock or mineral specimens, she probably would have eyeballed the jewelry then moved on, but anyway, It was a lucky find I think?

Nice stuff there.You gonna let Wendy take point out in the field? :wee:

Archived