Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunk

coin hunting

I been doing some coin hunting at a spot I have been looking at for several years and just recently got permission. The property has history going back to the 1860's and I am sure it has never been detected by the kind of stuff I am finding. The first time I went, I found my first tax token and a bunch of clad.

Well I picked up one of the new Coiltek 15" WOT for my X70 and when I went back yesterday I got three more tax tokens and a silver tie tack, not to mention a bunch more clad! So many targets, so little time!

I can't wait to get through this top layer!

Bunk

post-1609-0-62981300-1316803530_thumb.jp

post-1609-0-53700100-1316803546_thumb.jp

Hey Bunk, do those clads or tax tokens have any kinna date on em so you might know bout when they was lost? I'm just wonderin?

Thats some neat stuff Bunk

I understand there are quite a few historical areas around you.

Patrick.....

Hey Rockhunter, The tokens were in use from about 1935 until just after WW2, the law was on the books till 1954.

Patrick, You got that right! While I was detecting, I had a guy stop by and give me permission to hunt his yard and this place dates to 1901, I have not found out what was on this property before that, but I will!

Bunk

Cool finds Bunk. As a pilot and history buff, I think that the P-38 tie-tack is really neat. I found an area not too far from where I live that should be promising for coins/relics from the late 1800s, and I'm hoping to get out there with the Sovereign before I start my next series of shifts this Tuesday. I'm working on a lot of mods to that cheap SD2200D that I got on Craigslist before I try it out at Lynx Creek. (I still want to link up with you again to pick up a 24" hermit pick.)

Good luck workin' that spot,

Rick

I been doing some coin hunting at a spot I have been looking at for several years and just recently got permission. The property has history going back to the 1860's and I am sure it has never been detected by the kind of stuff I am finding. The first time I went, I found my first tax token and a bunch of clad.

Well I picked up one of the new Coiltek 15" WOT for my X70 and when I went back yesterday I got three more tax tokens and a silver tie tack, not to mention a bunch more clad! So many targets, so little time!

I can't wait to get through this top layer!

Bunk

Nice Finds, Bunk!

Jim

Yaaa-HOOOOOO!!! Nice digging Bunk! Looking forward to hearing and seeing MORE!

Good Digs !! Those WOT coils sure work good.

Bunk, pretty cool history and neat finds. Keep them coming...

Jason :)

Aloha guys,

Hey Jason, took your advice and got out over the last couple of evenings to hunt in a couple of parks nearby. Found a total of $1.67, not going to get rich at this but sure good excersize on my ankles and back. Just talked to my SISTER and asked her to get me permission to hunt a couple of church properties near her convent and it looks good so far. Next time I blow into L.A. I am going to see what I can find on those properties that date back to the early 40's and 50's.

The convent she is in is in the process of grading their orchard and pruning the apple and peach trees so that is an area I will definitely be hitting.

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Stan let me know where it is and I will check out and make sure it is safe for you :-)