Nugget Shooter Forums

Wellum I'm going to Fly out to Phoenix next week then drive out to the Wickinburg area to have a look around. Was talking to a friend about it ... he said lets go ...I said why not .He got us the tickets and we will be there Monday. I'll be the one with the beard

1i

My friend has never seen the desert ...I told him its a must see bucket list kinda thing ...like Alaska . We both dredge and hunt gold here in Bama so we want to check out gold/mining kinda stuff. If Jody likes it we may join a club and make it a habbit

1i

When you get out to Stanton, make sure you take Mina Road (Old Stagecoach RD), up to Yarnell, then come back down Yarnell hill (AZ89) to Wickenburg! It's a GREAT ride! Oh, and if you guys are Vets, stop in at the Legion Post in Yarnell for good food and great folks!

If you are there during the week, stop by the Weaver mining office which is next to the Green Frog bar and restrauant, just before the Stanton turn off. Dave

I was just told that the Weaver office has moved to "down town" Congress on Hwy 71.

Bunk

Hey Bunk ... Did the office move down toward the supermarket and the little 'old post office restaurant' if it is still in business ... seems i remember a store front vacant there. I'll check with Cindy at the sierra vista motel ... she'll know for sure.

Mike F

Confirmation from Cindy ... Yes the Weaver office has moved 3 doors down from the market on 71 in Congress. If you are coming from the old location or the road to Stanton, 71 is a right turn at the gas station intersection ... for those who haven't been to Congress there is only one gas station in town and it is at the intersection of 71 and 89. the weaver office will be just 1/4 mile or so down 71 on the left hand side. If you come to the Sierra Vista Motel you have gone about 200 yards too far.

The Frog Rock Restaurant ... according to Cindy ... is under new ownership by a 'nice' young couple ... she says they are doing a good job cleaning it up. Hope they improved the food and limited menu too! :)

Mike F

Don ... I can take the frog legs ... but when they are fried in oil that was either too hot and burned or just plain too old to the point you taste everything else that had been fried in it for the last two weeks ... well you get the point! I will say the previous owner/lessee operator did know how to make a good cheeseburger ... the rest ... well ... what can I say ... not so good!

Mike F

Bama 1i, You should not miss a chance to visit Bill, his office is like a museum but better!

Max

Bill I gonna try to stop by before we head home if I get off the claims in time 1i