Nugget Shooter Forums

How do I upload a forum pic or avatar?

wjbell

Go to your profile page, by clicking on your user's name in the upper right of the forum, hover your cursor over the avatar, click on either "Change" if you already have an avatar installed or "Upload New Photo" if no avatar has been installed, a window will pop up (if it doesn't you have popups blocked in your browser and you will have to change your settings to allow popups) in the window select "Use a custom photo", then click the "Choose File" button, a "Open" window should popup from your computer, from the drop down menu select the location of your photo, usually "My Pictures", select your photo by double left clicking on it or by clicking the "Open" button (the photo should be not much bigger than 200 X 200 pixels, if it is much bigger it will have to be resized), then click the "Done" button in the forum popup window .

That should load the photo to your avatar, if it doesn't or you have any problems let me know and you can send me the photo and I will load it for you.

Skip

Go to your profile page, by clicking on your user's name in the upper right of the forum, hover your cursor over the avatar, click on either "Change" if you already have an avatar installed or "Upload New Photo" if no avatar has been installed, a window will pop up (if it doesn't you have popups blocked in your browser and you will have to change your settings to allow popups) in the window select "Use a custom photo", then click the "Choose File" button, a "Open" window should popup from your computer, from the drop down menu select the location of your photo, usually "My Pictures", select your photo by double left clicking on it or by clicking the "Open" button (the photo should be not much bigger than 200 X 200 pixels, if it is much bigger it will have to be resized), then click the "Done" button in the forum popup window .

That should load the photo to your avatar, if it doesn't or you have any problems let me know and you can send me the photo and I will load it for you.

Skip

Thanks. I tried allowing popups and tried it in both firefox 6 and internet explorer 7. Neither one shows anything when I hover over the pic. Oh well.

Send me the photo you want, something in your system is blocking it.

here it is Bill. I can't figure it out, tried four different browsers. If you can set this image as my avatar that would be great. Thanks

post-22504-0-62383000-1316554459.jpg

Wjbell,

Your photo has been installed as your avatar.

Skip

Skip and you reupload this one as my avatar? I didn't realize the size requirements and this one won't be blurred from being resized. Thanks.

post-22504-0-90463400-1316558219.jpg

Skip and you reupload this one as my avatar? I didn't realize the size requirements and this one won't be blurred from being resized. Thanks.

That was suppose to be "can you" reupload.

Lobo I installed the photo, but as you can see it doesn't fit very well because of it's width, the forum automatically crops images so that it fits into a square.

If you could take a photo of the insignia I can resize it and we can get the full insignia, I will look around on the internet for another image that we may can use, I believe that this is a "Westpacs" insignia isn't it?

Skip

Lobo,

The credit for editing the Westpac insignia to a usable avatar photo goes to one of our members Wjbell, I didn't have time last night to try and edit the photo, I just now got home from work and Wjbell has saved me from having to do the editing.

THANKS Wjbell!! :thumbsupanim

Don,

My father was in the Navy during WWII and his brother was in the Marines and died on beaches of Iwo Jima, so I have always had an interest in anything Navy, but that interest isn't why I recognized the Westpac insignia, a while back a man on a metal detecting forum found a twin Dolphin insignia and I helped research the insignia to determine the era of the insignia, so my knowledge of the twin Dolphin insignia expanded from that research, there're many different designs and eras of the twin Dolphin insignia.

Skip

No problem, I like doing graphics stuff...

I made two more that make the symbol a little taller. One with a drop shadow and one without. If you like either of these I'm sure Skip would install them..

post-22504-0-15719400-1316642117.jpg

post-22504-0-74019900-1316642128.jpg

Wjbell: What a great Job. I'll pick the one on the right. You "computer guys" make things sound and look so easy. I have tried to improve my skills but usually things don't turn out very well. Strange things happen if I try something new. usually a friend of mine has to come over and straighten out the mess I made. If I had tried to change my avatar on my own; when I clicked "upload", every light in the house would have went out, the clocks would have run backwards, and a toilet would have flushed. Strange.....very strange. Seriously; thats a great job and I thank you. Lobo