Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

October 28th to 30th Nugget Shooter Fall Outing

OK the votes are in and the fall outing is on for the 28th to 30th of October 2011 at Gold Basin in the same spot we have done this for many years now, I think 11 or so outings it has been....

Just wanting to relax and get together with some Nugget Shooter Forum members and all forum members are welcome to attend.

Here are directions to the camp area...

From Pierce Ferry Road you turn onto Greggs Hideout Road and you will see a row of mailboxes at:

N35' 46.911 W114' 07.734

Go almost 3 miles from the mailboxes to intersection with big yellow sign and black arrow pointing left onto Spring Drive at: N35' 49.326 W114' 09.176

At the end of Spring Drive turn right and you are back on Hideout Road and the second cattle guard is just ahead at: N35' 49.362 W114' 10.056

Stay on Hideout Road and cross over second cattle guard at Hideout and Gladiola Drives. Proceed straight on Hideout Road till you come to the MPA28 sign at: N35' 52.808 W114' 10.524

Turn left here onto the road that runs along the left side of Hideout Road then turn left at bottom of slight hill at: N35' 52.995 W114' 10.553

Turn right at fork at end of road at: N35'52.996 W114'11.582 MORE TO FOLLOW:

HERE IS THE REST:

Turn left at the "Y" in the road at: N5235' 53.697 W114' 12.329

The GOLD BASIN sign will be on your left at: N35' 52.952 W114' 13.725

Proceed straight a good stones throw till you reach the fabled Joshua tree with the firpit nearby at: N35' 52.882 W114' 13.837

Here is a link to a driving map from Kingman to Gold Basin Rd, alternate route would be Stockton Hills Road from Kingman to Peirce Ferry Road.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Joining the GPAA would be a good idea since we are camping on their claim and you will also be able to hunt there if a member. Otherwise I may try to get JB to let us hunt his property...

Also the GSSN and Mohave Prospectors have some nice claims in the area and are very reasonable price wise...

Gold Searchers of Southern NV

Or

Mohave Prospector's ASSN

Here is a video for MPA

http://youtu.be/SPGMrOfo1gU

This is NOT a formal outing and just a get together with none of the coin hunts, etc. we do at some of the others. We can do a pot luck on Sat if enough of you want otherwise I am there to hunt and BS only raspberry%5B1%5D.gif

Thanx Bill, I'm gonna do all I can or need to from here so I can meet ya'll there, thanx again! :thumbsupanim

Looking forward to meeting ya Frank.....

I just joined the "GPAA" fer 2 yrs. I hope this is good enough fer now, and I wanted to cover the fall outing in 2012, and maybe a couple others in between. I never had any intentions of ever lookin fer gold, I just wanna find meteorites. But the more I read from ya'll and talk with you gold huntin guys, the more I'm startin to think, and that ain't good. Cause when I start thinkin, the house starts smellin like burning wood. And then the smoke alarm goes off, the dog starts barkin, my ole lady on the other side of the house is hollerin "WHAT the hell are YOU smokin in there?" It ain't good, anyways.

Hey Bill, All the folks at this years Nugget Shooter outing are also welcome to hunt the "Goldenrite" claim that is held by Frank C and myself.

Bunk

Hey Bill, All the folks at this years Nugget Shooter outing are also welcome to hunt the "Goldenrite" claim that is held by Frank C and myself.

Bunk

Hey Bunk that is a really cool offer! You gonna be there? I am pretty sure Frank will be since it is just down the block....

Hey Bunk that is a really cool offer! You gonna be there? I am pretty sure Frank will be since it is just down the block....

You know how I like outings, I will be there...

I will try and make it although I foresee some trouble in doing so. Hope to visit Max (gilaoro) in Congress. Will not be driving in from Missouri so I have to either fly in or take the bus..... Whichever is cheaper.... :lol: Don't worry guys. I will not be detecting - just visiting. So there will be plenty of gold and meteorites left for everyone. :inocent:

Steve

It would be great to meet you Steve!

Hi Bill-

I'd like to meet you and some of the other guys on this forum too. Just hope I can make it though. If not this outing - for sure in Jan -Feb during the trip to Tucson for the shows

Steve

Things are looking good on this end so far. I should be able to make it.

That is if I don't get pulled over by that pesky Highway Patrolman again.

Patrick.....

I think i'd like to try and make it too! You guys are a fun bunch and i look forward to meeting some of you!

What about the road? Can I get my enclosed trailer down there? Be nice to stay in...insteaded of tenting(been in a small cabin and tents all dang summer!!!)

Dave ... go slow and you will have no trouble getting your trailer down most of the travel roads in GB ... all the way into the GPAA camp.

Mike F

So , has anyone decided if there is gonna be a pot luck..............ohhh them meals are might fine...

I hope to make it out this time.

I was thinking about making a batch of those Jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon.... Guess we will need to do a head count of sorts. I'll try to remember to put up a poll to get an idea.

Bill can you remember who it was at the 06 outing that pulled in to the camp on the last day in a older model ford station wagon and had a few cases of corse gold nuggets and chunks i can't remember who but i remember what i saw :WOW: .You remember his story?

Bill can you remember who it was at the 06 outing that pulled in to the camp on the last day in a older model ford station wagon and had a few cases of corse gold nuggets and chunks i can't remember who but i remember what i saw :WOW: .You remember his story?

Yup that was good old Don P. Not sure where he is these days though and have called a few times, but no return call. He took me to that spot one time and I did pretty well....

Thanks Bill,that was a sight i will never forget and one of my many memories from that gold basin outing,i am going to do my best to be at this years outing and im comming better prepaired.look forward to being there.

Hey Bill,

Hope to make it, would be great to meet a lot of others.

Dave

Hey Bill,

Hope to make it, would be great to meet a lot of others.

Dave

Way cool Dave! I have been so busy working on houses the last few weeks I need a serious break and am ready for some relaxing and nuggetteering....

I am so getting ready for this outing.....looking forward to seeing everyone.