Nugget Shooter Forums

Ancient Meteorites Showered Earth With Gold: Study

wonderer

Run accross this & thought a few of you might enjoy the story. Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move or remove it, thanks.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/weird/Ancient-Meteorites-Showered-Earth-With-Gold-Study-129520233.html

wonderer

Mike, you need to stop picking on the baby nuggets and find some keepers. Nobody wants to see a 12" trout on a stringer, a tiny deer with one fork or a little bitty nugget. You have to learn to let some go to get some good ones.

I remember the look on a fellows face when I found a small 2-3 grain flake. He was looking over my shoulder when I beeped it and watched while I carefuly "halved" the dirt and picked out the nugget. After a few minutes of admiring the flake I just pitched it over my shoulder and started beeping again.

HE WIGGED OUT!

The fellow spent the next two hours trying to locate that litle flake that I just pitched. I believe it ruined him for life. He still won't speak to me. That evening he demanded an answer on "why I did that". I told him "I dont keep the small ones." He was flabbergasted. I don't think it ever occurred to him that I was just jerking his chain a little.