Old Ben, Was an old Prospector I discovered in the hills at Boyers Gap, as

a rule I don't intrude in some ones camp unless I am invited, but he was

huddled near a small fire & looked like warmed over death, he did not move when

I approached, & I was concerned that he was in trouble or something was

wrong, I touched him on his shoulder & the saddest bloodshot eyes informed me

that the coffee was hot, I am not a picky eater for I have enjoyed some of

the best pot luck stew that you could eat or pick out the flies, your choice

but that pot & cup was caked with years of crud, a good shot of coffee would

have hit the mark but I declined the offer.

Ben RIP, dry washed the hills & washes all over AZ. & NV. And someone

needs to tell his story, for he was one of a kind, He got in jail, but I cant

remember the what or why, but it was a good story, Hope someone on this

forum can tell it. How about it Tailgate? Chuck

PS I wish I could say that I found this gold yesterday but it was found back a lot of yesterdays.

post-873-0-48920300-1315484910_thumb.jpg

Don't know story but thats some RIGHTEOUS :thumbsupanim lookn' gold. Extremely good crisp color for desert gold. Thanx much for the step into a glorious past. John :D

John, That gold has been refined but not paid for, found it at a place that Gracie took me too.

I felt ashamed for riding my ATV every place in the morning to hunt, but Gracie had to walk

on her hunts for crystals. I told her that i would take her any place she wonted to go,

She took me way up past Antelope springs, O crap, I don't have a chance

of any gold here, but thought it best that I kept my mouth shut since she was in a good mood.

Got of my ATV & moved about 10' & bang that Mine Lab was playing my song, great spot.

The folioing morning offered to give her another go any where she wonted to go, but she

declined, telling me she had enough of me & that ATV. ha..

enough of me & that ATV.

For someone who says they're memory is fading,

you are doing a hell of a job firing up this forum with your recollections.

Lots of fun to read, thanks

Flak

You said it Flak!

Keep em comin' Chuck! Love your stories!

Paul

Chuck,

Nice nuggets and I like that buckle as well, what the story of the bucket?

I enjoy your recollections of your gold hunting adventures and look forward to many more!!

Skip

Hey chuck great stuff and how about you let me put some of your stuff on my main site?

Hey chuck great stuff and how about you let me put some of your stuff on my main site?

Holly dodo, You Guys have made my day & then some, I have felt like I was just taking up space & Bill was going to kick me off his website at any time, I had to sigh in again yesterday & was sure that I was going to get my feelings hurt.

Remembering the good times of the past took my mind off the trouble we are having

Gracie has to do most of the work, well all the work & makes me feal unnecessary, I have learned to cope

pretty well regardless of the unnecessary feeling, but I miss that twinkle in her eye when there was a full moon

& I washed the darn dishes,

But hell, I have nothing that works any more but the part that eats. Feeling unnecessary sure gives me one hell of an appetite.

Bill, any of this BS that you can use, you are welcome, You make me proud.

Thanks Guys for the flowers. Never dreamed you Guys would put up with my junk.

Chuck you must always remember this simple logic because you have stated your a" has been". Yes you have been---but it's much better to have danced with the gold golds than to never have been. You had the testiculiar fortitude to go,see and do and sooooooooooo many now just snivel,whine and sit on their behind. Your past is my past,and many of us here too, with gold fever ruling the day,testerone pumping,adreneline junkie golden delight will still fill your ol'brain with golden dreams at night,and we're young again. Thanx much,nuttn' but respect to one who'se been there and tons a au 2 u 2 -John :thumbsupanim

Chuck;

Bills offer to archive your stories is a "golden" opportunity to tell all of the stories to all who care to read them. An added bonus is life history and experiences that will other wise be lost when you move on the the Great Prospectors Convention in the Sky...Lord, in the Sky...

fred

Chuck you must always remember this simple logic because you have stated your a" has been". Yes you have been---but it's much better to have danced with the gold golds than to never have been. You had the testiculiar fortitude to go,see and do and sooooooooooo many now just snivel,whine and sit on their behind. Your past is my past,and many of us here too, with gold fever ruling the day,testerone pumping,adreneline junkie golden delight will still fill your ol'brain with golden dreams at night,and we're young again. Thanx much,nuttn' but respect to one who'se been there and tons a au 2 u 2 -John :thumbsupanim

John, Your words have the rhythm & flow of poetry, Testicular fortitude? DUMB, dumb is a more appropriate word to describe

me. I am the guy that fly es down the road with his eyes on the golden rainbow with out a care in the world in a peace of junk, low on gas, bald tires & has never had a flat that he had every thing to fix it. No wonder pore Gracie makes me feel unnecessary at times. Chuck

We all Live vicariously through each others stories.

So never feel bad sharing the things that you remember. For it makes us human and give us all Joy.

Hello Chuck,

I do not know you but the way you write makes me feel as though I do.

You have a great way with words and a funny take on life and living.

(I agree with you that Hoser J has the flow of poetry too).

Your description of flying down the road with your eye on a dream

I will bet resonates with every reader on this thread.

You are putting down thoughts that many of us have from time to time.

I understand that feeling of uselessness that creeps in every once in awhile,

but I also know - as you do in your better moments - there are no

useless people, we all hold a piece of the puzzle.

If we sometimes feel useless in the presence of our mates,

well women are pretty amazing, but I will make you a bet;

I bet that Gracie counts on you more than you could possibly know.

All the best,

Flak

Chuck, Nice nuggets and I like that buckle as well, what the story of the bucket? I enjoy your recollections of your gold hunting adventures and look forward to many more!! Skip

Skip, I always thought it interesting to find hair pins bobby pins & all kinds of metal things that the ladies used to hold up or hold in

& toys, doll parts showing that all the old Diggers did not leave there ladies home with the kids. chuck

Chuck, Nice nuggets and I like that buckle as well, what the story of the bucket? I enjoy your recollections of your gold hunting adventures and look forward to many more!! Skip

Skip, I always thought it interesting to find thing showing that all the old diggers did not leave there ladies home with the kids.

I have found all kinds of little treasures, hair pins Bobby pins all kinds of metal thing the ladies used to keep things up or in,

toys, doll parts, & I keep them in a special place in a box & in my memory. chuck

post-873-0-17194700-1315587116_thumb.jpg