chuck,tx2

i remember

I remember, The feeling of excitement & anticipation every morning camped

out in the deserts as the sun came up over the horizon shining threw an Iron

wood or a Joshua tree or lighting up the sky behind the Humbolt MT. range as

I rushed to get back in bed on a cold crisp morning to put on the coffee

pot every morning with the feeling that this was the beginning of a sterling

day, I still can relive & enjoy that moment in my memories, The sun still

comes up & Deserts are still there but my days there are long gone.

It is later than you think, Get out there & make some memories to enjoy

in your old age. Chuck

I too will something find & Glory in the finding

Chuck, So very true, I've had some great memories. "Life is Good-Live It"

Jon

Aloha Chuck,

It's a shame that some folk never seem to get to "see" the wonders of the desert even tho they are surrounded by it. I have friends here in Vegas who were born and raised here and to this day they are still amazed at the sights they see when they go out with me into the desert during the early morning hours. Sunrises and sunsets are the best when seen for the first time with new and old friends alike.

Aloha and be safe out there.

Stan aka Kaimi

Chuck, my VERY favorite times of day just before, during and just after SUNRISE, I love it.

42 years ago I was in Vietnam. After an awful night of fighting, wondering if I would even survive the night......, the sun came up. I remember that morning EVERYDAY.The sunrises in Arizona add to my appreciation of the day. Dave

Thank you , Dave, for surviving that long ago sunrise and for your service to our country and our people ... You have earned many more sunrises (and nuggets) going into the future ... It's real men like you, Grubstake, Allen, Steve and many others who share this forum that kept this country great and paid for, and gifted us with, our freedoms ... Again, Thank you All... Cheers, Unc

At my age it's exciting to wake up without dirt in my eyes. Cool another day a rock chucking yesterday and it was good :thumbsupanim:thumbsupanim:thumbsupanim I watch the sunrise and set every day and revel in the miracle of life......and gold too- :D John

Dave ... Let me add to Unc's thank you and thank you for your unselfish service to keep our country strong. Was in the USAF during that time but never left country. You guys and gals in Nam deserve all the credit and the benefits ... Thanks again for making the USA the best place to live in the world bar none!

Mike F

Ron & Mike -Thanks for the kind words. Since I discovered metal detecting my bad days have been reduced. My wife knows when it's time to send me back out to wander the deserts, looking for that curious yellow metal. I come home well enough to function in society again.Dave

Dave ... As a personnel officer during Nam I outprocessed a lot of guys and some gals who had horrific stories that they could barely tell ... some I have even heard from during the years since ... all say they need "refueling" time in solitary at some remote area doing something they really enjoy. The point of all this is that you are indeed lucky and fortunate to have such an astute wife who understands that her man is a better man for the solitary times! Take care and enjoy life!

Mike F