Nugget Shooter Forums

If I was going to take the spirit of one thread into the New Year, it would be this one

for reasons that I am sure are obvious.

There is a lot to be said for watching two informed, highly opinionated men

work through a complicated disagreement and wind up not only still talking to each other

but being supportive and pleasant as well.

Kuger and Bob a low bow in both your directions.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Flak!!

I been keeping my eye on this thread, and I'm very pleased with the outcome of this encounter and the graciousness of both Kuger and Bob. :wubu:

I know of Kuger's expertise from other forums in past years, and Bob's knowledge on many subjects has come to light on this forum, I always look for good accurate info wherever I find it and I find great info from both Bob and Kuger.

Skip

Kruger,Mabe our fore fathers knew of each other ,Mine left the hudson bay Co or the westerrn version of it and was in Ca around 1800/1810 wish the info keepers of the family were still alive.

Thanks for all the great info, It put,s the info in his head . :D

I once again would like to throw my apologies in there as well. It was wrong of me to jump in the forum while not a 'regular' member and get involved in a disagreement. I only wanted to point out that relics can be random and you never know what you will find. kuger @ Bob you are both respectable men for putting aside your differences, and I am proud to converse with you both.

I got my discharge date from the Army, and it is set at March 5th, meaning I could be home with terminal leave by the end of January. My severance pay should be in around the beginning of April, so I am almost 100% certain I will be heading down to Gold Basin, Franconia, and Holbrook no later than the middle of April. I can't wait to get out and hunt, and if I am lucky I will pull one of those 'holy grail' metal arrowheads, a nugget or two, and hopefully many many meteorites. I invite any interested to share a campfire with me, and walk the grounds and swing a coil or poke with a magnet.

"I don't know if you can cross-reference it well, but the area is found most of my Indiana artifacts was near the river where the Bostick Road bridge is as well as where Anthony Rd. Extended ends up."

Ok, here are some old map photos of Allen county, Fort Wayne area. Found Bostick Rd on Google maps, maybe you could see if it is on any Indian res.

post-21285-0-90463800-1325109501_thumb.j

post-21285-0-02948800-1325109571_thumb.j

post-21285-0-71779300-1325109622_thumb.j

post-21285-0-53082300-1325109816_thumb.j

To my understanding, without even having to look at the maps, a friend of mine's family owns some of the land surrounding Bostick bridge, and there was a large camp there for at least 50 years that they know about. It may have been a reservation, but it may have just been a former trading site that the Natives stayed on until moving to reservation land. I will look into the research you have provided, and it is much appreciated! I will be back in Fort Wayne for good around February, and all this data will more than help me in my hunting.

First of all thank you Bob,and thank all of you guys!!I really appreciate your kind words especially after ...well no use!LOL!I agree these sites are great for the fact that they bring together shared interest people whom have a deep seated passion for what we do.I am really glad to see the new found activity in this part of the forum!!!!It was near dead back in the day.I will stick around and promise not to be a dik!!

To my understanding, without even having to look at the maps, a friend of mine's family owns some of the land surrounding Bostick bridge, and there was a large camp there for at least 50 years that they know about. It may have been a reservation, but it may have just been a former trading site that the Natives stayed on until moving to reservation land. I will look into the research you have provided, and it is much appreciated! I will be back in Fort Wayne for good around February, and all this data will more than help me in my hunting.

Glad to be of some help, good luck in your hunting!