Nugget Shooter Forums
chuck,tx2

The ramblings of a have been

I would like to appolize to the forum for posting Images of past hunts &

carectors that I have knoned that gave me a hand in the past, I cant rember

some of there names but the deeds will ever remaine in my mind.

There was talk that Hoss Blackmon RIP was less than sterling for not living

up to his job of puting some people over the gold, I had a good friend that

was an excellent coin & relic hunter, But where there was gold he wasent,

He would get mad at me & inform me that I was not good Just lucky I had to

agree with him for I still don't know next to nothing about the why & where

of gold, It is where you find it,

When I arrived in Perth where I was going to buy the things I would need

on my what I thought was my last great adventure, for I was 73 & less than

in sterling shape, I for got to perches a mattress to rest my old ass on the

long cold nights, I would climb into that little station wagon about dark &

would not get up except for a relief call about midnight & sleep like a baby

(when I got a mattress) till the sun was up & it had warmed things up

before I had to dress & gather wood to heat the Billy for coffee, the Aussies

taught me to call an old can that some body tossed a Billy, but not to like hot

tea.

I had met Hoss at Gold Basin before & was surprised to see him in Leonora &

was telling of detection a target that was to deep for me to dig with my

pick, He opend the door to a shed that he stored his stuff in at the caravan

park & gave me a gift of a great short handle shovel, & his wife gave me

some dishes that I needed. Running out of space will end this quick.

Two brothers that I met in the Trigos were there taking the tour with Hoss

Informed me that

they had a thick foam mattress that a fellow that was taking the tour with

Hoss went home early & they had his mattress & I was welcome to it, Thanks a

bunch. The image is of the shovel & hole

that I dug to salvage a 1# pound smashed coffee can, Gold is where you find

it.

post-873-0-72016800-1315066994_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chuck for the story!!

Too bad that coffee can didn't have an oldtimer's stash of nuggets it in before it got buried that deep under that soil!!

Skip

Now there is a good tale.

Your recollection seems great and your memory sounds just fine.

Flak

AAAAAAAAAAA the good. the bad and the ugly. It all makes it a tough hobby that quickly weeds out the wimps and your good to go bud-thanx much for the great post. Don't feel bad as I've dug over 10' for a ol' spoked military wheel also but ya never know till ya look-kudos and respect bud-John

AAAAAAAAAAA the good. the bad and the ugly. It all makes it a tough hobby that quickly weeds out the wimps and your good to go bud-thanx much for the great post. Don't feel bad as I've dug over 10' for a ol' spoked military wheel also but ya never know till ya look-kudos and respect bud-John

Good Morning, John, I will trade you a genuine 1# beautiful smashed coffee can for your wagon wheel.

My can was nowhere near 10' I am built close to the ground, 5'-5" after shrinkage 5'-2"

Oh yes gold old Hoss, My first trip to GB, he and Doc met me and a couple of others at the Joshua Tree Hotel. He took the time to show us the ropes as you say and lay out of GB, even got one of his autographed poem books from him, kind of rough around the edges but a good man PIP. He was also quit the violin player also, Lived out on Charles St. I stopped in to say hi ever chance I got.

thanks for the story chuck

I had buried 3 1800's silver dollars in GB with my business card attached and a note to call. Only one has ever called. they weren't near as deep as your can.

Allen

Thanks for the great read Chuck!

Ifn' anyone wants to really find something deep the good ol'Fisher Gemini 2-2 boxer will definately punch down deep on larger objects. The old school Whites Treasure master has the exclusive find "voids" mode for locating caves and buried objects also extremely deep. Toooooooo many regs now for the backhoe and too old to dig that deep anymore but for you youngns' party on- :olddude: John

Oh yes gold old Hoss, My first trip to GB, he and Doc met me and a couple of others at the Joshua Tree Hotel. He took the time to show us the ropes as you say and lay out of GB, even got one of his autographed poem books from him, kind of rough around the edges but a good man PIP. He was also quit the violin player also, Lived out on Charles St. I stopped in to say hi ever chance I got. thanks for the story chuck I had buried 3 1800's silver dollars in GB with my business card attached and a note to call. Only one has ever called. they weren't near as deep as your can. Allen

Allen, Did you berry a 50C coin at Rye Patch years back with a note that you found a nugget at that location & wonted to leave something in return? Bill found it & contacted who ever.

HOSS was the person who introduced me to Gold Basin in 1994--I met Hoss in Kennesaw,Ga. at a GPAA show,bought a ML 16000 and we went detecting at GB. Needless to say I found many,many of those deep red rocks with the "seared" side to them and of course tossed them away after giving them a good cussin'.I found my first nuggette,yep nuggette, there and lost it years later while testing my ML Extreme--the extreme would not detect that veeery small nuggette with the hole in the middle of it.Anyway Hoss had a heart of Gold--he rubbed some folks the wrong way,but don't we all?? Every time I go out to GB I think of OLE HOSS--actually bought the 2 lots across the street from him--have since sold that place and moved up to Iron Mt. Will be going out to AZ in Oct. Good hunting.