Nugget Shooter Forums

Bigfoot Gold...

Skully Dog

I let your entire video load for three hours and then sat through the entire 17:14 minutes....gotta tell ya your

panning technique sucks....but beautiful country....the dog is good to go....Mr. Glock #20 is a good choice...

looks like your having fun and that's what really counts....hope you find some gold in the future...good luck...

So....what sucks about my panning method? I may not be the fastest pan in the west, but I never lose any gold. - I've tested my method with very small flatted lead shot that has been painted red, and when I pan into a safety bowl, and then pan that again, I get nothing.

BTW, there is more diplomatic ways of telling me you think my panning is lacking besides saying it sucks.

May I interject here... Skully, most folks in here are like Frank... they look at the time and decide the relevance, I like video's, and I have made quite a few on youtube, and I hate to cut and edit them down to a few minutes but I have to because thats really all the time someones gonna spend watching them, if the folks are on youtube then they are there specifically to watch video's so you can occasionally get away with a long one. I dont think your panning was too bad...it just needs to be done faster for our viewing, in otherwords cut it, then cut it some more, I know you might not want to.. but to speed things up you have to. Most folks will give you about 3-4 minutes tops, 17 minutes needs some cutting even if it means doing two versions, a short version for here and a longer one on youtube. I hate having to chop my video's too but sometimes ya gotta do it. Just my two cents Skully.

Skully the more pans you run the more gold you get....like detecting...the more ground you cover the better

your chances are of finding more gold....

Don't take my lack of diplomacy serious....I tend to get right to the point....sorry you took it the wrong way...

For those that didn't watch the video...it was not 17 minutes of panning. There was more about gear and a little chat while I fixed lunch. - As for the panning...this was the first time I was at the spot and wanted to see if there was ANY gold there. I was not panning for production.

I don't think your method is bad at all. It wasn't timely, but seems effective. When I first started, I took way too long, I then sped it up, but realized I was losing gold. I revised the way I pan completely, to a reasonable length of time, yet still very effective. We have VERY small gold in my area, and if you're not careful it'll get away from you, so it took lots of practice. I have it down to about 4-5ish minutes depending on how much material I put in the pan. Some might say that's too long still.... But to each his own! Do it the way you like to bud :thumbsupanim It's all about having fun!

Your panning is the most beautiful and graceful example of swirling water around that I have ever seen in my entire lifetime. You are a panning virtuoso...no, a veritable panning GOD!

If saying your panning sucks makes you feel bad then this post should make you feel great. I might point out though that panning is not about psycology and it has very little to do with a man's "feelings". It is a way to mechanically seperate the portions of gravel by weight. If you are getting any feelings at all from your panning, or get feelings from others criticism of your paning, you might have missed the point.

Just sayin'

yeah I am a fan of the 'get it done already' philosophy too.

I have seen guys take a pan down in seconds and they don't lose gold.

It's all in the wrists...(joke)

It is a funny video tho...

best of luck,

It ain't what you are missin' that makes the difference. It is what you are gettin' that counts!