Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Nuggets

azaware

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has some info about nuggets that isn't even coming up as 10k. I bought some on ebay from Oregon. I'm in shock it looks like good gold. I got a really good deal but not sure now. I think I could sale them on ebay and at lease get my money back but not sure if I would want to do that. I should be able to get my money back from the guy but wondering what you guys that deal with nugget think. So I don't know if I should keep them or not. thanks

NEVER EVER SEEN A 10K NATURAL NUGGET MYSELF- don't sound right to me but????fake nuggets has turned into a art of deception and as always CAVEAT EMPTOR- :puke: John

Ten K is less than 50% pure...how do you know the purity? If you are happy with the price you paid, what is the problem? Natural gold nuggets can vary widely in purity but when the purity gets under 50% I don't believe it can be considered a "gold nugget"...something seems not right...

fred

NEVER EVER SEEN A 10K NATURAL NUGGET MYSELF- don't sound right to me but????fake nuggets has turned into a art of deception and as always CAVEAT EMPTOR- :puke: John

Caveat emptor? John, There has to be a another Red Necks on this forum besides me, you are going to force me to look that one up.

I mined a lot of gold and it looks like anything I mined. I don't see that they could be man made. I think I recall that Oregon gold has a lot of copper so I guess these do. I did a 10k acid test. I wanted them to make some jewelry but if they were ever tested it would show it wasn't 10k. I guess I'll have to return them.

The guy has some more on sale here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-gold-nuggets-11-2-grams-total-/110736608117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c86a8b75

Looked at his sale, didn't look to bad but then checked his feed back, and top 2 were negative (fake gold) and refund was given, there was more negative down the 1st page.

When you did the 10k acid test what happened? Did you do a acid test right on the piece?

I just did a streak test on the rub stone and did 10-14 & 18K test on a little nugget I had and it all stayed

Allen

Looked at his sale, didn't look to bad but then checked his feed back, and top 2 were negative (fake gold) and refund was given, there was more negative down the 1st page.

When you did the 10k acid test what happened? Did you do a acid test right on the piece?

I just did a streak test on the rub stone and did 10-14 & 18K test on a little nugget I had and it all stayed

Allen

I agree, many people wouldn't know the different in real gold and fake gold, this guy is making a killing, I found this feedback from May 11, 2011....

"WARNING>>>FAKE PRODUCT!!!!!! Buyer: jkf2011 ( 245iconTealStar_25x25.gifMay-28-11 15:46

• Reply by md0811usmc (May-28-11 17:47):Sorry you cannot make gold bars from gold flake, next time contact me first

5 grams+ of pure 22-24K gold flake, bullion, scrap gold (#110680403326) "

If the gold is 22-24k it can be made into a 5 gram bar/button, even if it's flake/gold leaf, but not if it's flake, gold doesn't change just because it's tissue paper thin, you just have to be careful when melting it so not to vaporize it!!!

Skip

Allen

He's going to refund me. Yeah I have the stone and did test on some other nuggets that tested 18k 22k. These nuggets the 10k acid eats it right away. I saw has feedback before I bought and it look ok. He was selling some bags of gold leaf or something. But the gold nugget I'm sure is100% real. The deal I got seem to good to past up. 11.2 grams for $480.

I think they are not real. Would have to have one in my hand to tell for sure or at least a much better picture. For one thing, either his scale is very small or those nuggets are very light for their size! Plus, they just look odd, don't know how to put it in words other than odd. Also, his Or. nuggets look exactly like the Ca. ones he is selling........possible but doubtful... get your money back and if you need one verified for the claim, I will do it for free.

Would not surprise me if they were brass!

I think they are not real. Would have to have one in my hand to tell for sure or at least a much better picture. For one thing, either his scale is very small or those nuggets are very light for their size! Plus, they just look odd, don't know how to put it in words other than odd. Also, his Or. nuggets look exactly like the Ca. ones he is selling........possible but doubtful... get your money back and if you need one verified for the claim, I will do it for free.

Would not surprise me if they were brass!

What puzzles me is why have an auction for 11 grams rather than selling it outright? Am I missing something, or is this guy just counting on a bidding frenzy?

What puzzles me is why have an auction for 11 grams rather than selling it outright? Am I missing something, or is this guy just counting on a bidding frenzy?

I've tracked gold auctions for a while on eBay, and even fines will bring spot, to slightly over spot, if the seller is reputable. Nice nuggets usually fetch a premium over spot. The lack of a bidding frenzy speaks volumes here. Personally, I never buy anything on eBay without first reviewing the seller's feedback.

Also, Kim, the picture that you posted definitely has a greenish color as compared to any other picture of gold that I've ever seen, regardless of the lighting source. Get your money back and chalk it up to experience. Perhaps there are forum members who live near you who would sell you some of their gold. (Without having to take in to account eBay's outrageous fees.)

Rick

Azaware

You could also look for gold or jewelry conventions or shows in your area and go take a look at what you are buying first. I don't trust eBay. I know some people get great deals there, and I know other people have been totally ripped off by the sellers or by Pay Pal there. I've been ripped off before and would rather have my peace of mind than take a chance on a stranger on the internet.

Paul

Azaware

You could also look for gold or jewelry conventions or shows in your area and go take a look at what you are buying first. I don't trust eBay. I know some people get great deals there, and I know other people have been totally ripped off by the sellers or by Pay Pal there. I've been ripped off before and would rather have my peace of mind than take a chance on a stranger on the internet.

Paul

Hey

I sold some gold and platinum bars so I was looking for some good deals. Ebay is ok I bought $1200 worth of scrap gold sometime back and totally got rip off. Ebay told my to send it back and get a tracking # and got a full refund.

Sorry--CAVEAT EMPTOR=LET THE BUYER BEWARE. ancient latin phrase--like me ancient and in a phase--- :olddude: John

No problem, When my Dad told me that he would teach me every thing I would need to know, And get out

there in that cotton patch & hoe that cotton He should have included some of that ancient Latin.

some of those look real and the blob ones looked hamered out ,{some look shatered} It all looks as if it was sand blasted then a light polish,what is the crust on them is it rock or something else?. There are low grade gold nuggets and also the electrum gold, also there is gold and nickle or chromium along the costal range in fact that is how they mined during the war claiming it to be a chrome or nikle mine, but they also had gold and other minerals in that area . , good luck and hope you get a full refund,with gold up were it is It is getting harder to get a clean deal,

Gold alloyed heavily with copper will give that greenish tint when it comes out of an acid bath. I would not be surprised if that is plated and re-finished. It looks too darn polished on the high spots to be from the ground.

I would cut one of those things right down the middle and see if the center was actually gold or if the color changed in the middle.

One good rule of thumb to keep in mind is to never buy any green gold. It is funny looking. I expect that sooner or later it wil be about 10 feet of electrical wire and a few 14K gold chain links.

Bedrock Bob pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I would snip one of those puppies in half and check it out. I would bet that you've got copper nuggets that have been plated with gold. Type "Fake gold nuggets" into ebay and you will see them, there is a seller who sells them regularly on ebay. He is honest about them being fake, but of course that doesn't prevent someone from buying them and reselling them to some unsuspecting buyer.....

I sell alot of gold on ebay, and I bought a few of these once just to educate myself so I would be sure recognize them if I ever ran across them. They are fairly good replicas, but are noticably lighter weight than gold, (if you have handled alot of nuggets then you should notice it right away). And of course they won't pass an acid test....

Always check feedback. This guy has several past complaints about fake gold. I would avoid him like the plague.