Nugget Shooter Forums

Garrett

Allen in MT

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_trailer1.aspx

Garrett has got something new in the bag to be released this fall, there is a video about it's comming release, but thats it.

and judging from the video I thinking a new gold machine to replace the Gold Stinger is comming. It's about time. the stinger should have been replaced 15+ years ago.

Allen

Allen, I sold Garrets when I first quit working at jobs that I hated. I carved him a carving out of an old log.

don't remember if it was any good or not, I was hoping to get a better hole sale price, it must of been lousy

for the price staid the same. Image is the last carving I did when I found out there was gold laying out

in the Deserts waiting for some one to come along & give them a new home.

PS, carving is carved out of Bristle Cone. I was told that it is one of the oldest living trees, & that there was one in Calif. that was over 5500 yrs old. I think I have shown you guys this thing before,

Suffer.

post-873-0-17453200-1314669180_thumb.jpg

Ya know, that Gold Stinger was an excellent treasure hunting machine. I never could get it to quiet down long enough to find a nugget but the discrimination was amazing. I could pour out a box of nails over a nickel and tune it to get a nice signal on the nickel with no interferance from the nails. You could adjust the sensitivity to find just about any size object you wanted to.

I was always impressed with the Garrett machines but they just never did compete in the prospecting arena. I know the "Sea Hunter" is a fine machine as I used one underwater for a project in the Sea of Cortez. It was head and shoulders above the other underwater detector that was used.

I bet if Garrett concentrated on a prospecting machine that they could build a fine one.

I used a Garrett Master Hunter for years and then a Groundhog.

Both good machines especially the Master Hunter which I beach hunted right up into the 90's with.

But I have to say that is all behind me and it would take a lot of machine to get me to put down my 5000.

Flak

Flak like you I used Garrett Master Hunters for years....started with their BFO and went through all of the

Master Hunters including the one that talked to you...carried a Ground Hog in a special brief case with

me to many countries when I was flying....

Then I tried to beach hunt with their talking Master Hunter in NZ and couldn't get the coil lower than my knees

because of the salt and black sand....that's when I borrowed my first Minelab Soverign....I was hooked....

Well, it looks like Garrett has it out and for a VLF it looks pretty sweet...Waterproof to 10 feet, good iron discrimination and appears pretty sensitive in their demo ... I just might be interested in one since my old GMT is sorta going south on me ... Check it out ... Cheers, Unc Garrett AT Gold

Video demos are tough to gauge. Have any idea of the cost??

I would like to see some first hand demo and results in the field. Its a multi-purpose machine so I have my doubts about its true performance in the field for natural gold nugget hunting.

Time will tell.

Heres a link to the manual for interested parties.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/1533500_at_gold_rev_a_english.pdf

Video demos are tough to gauge. Have any idea of the cost??

I would like to see some first hand demo and results in the field. Its a multi-purpose machine so I have my doubts about its true performance in the field for natural gold nugget hunting.

Time will tell.

Heres a link to the manual for interested parties.

http://www.garrett.c...v_a_english.pdf

I am with you on that one Frank. Garrett shot themselves in the foot by not making special purpose machines. The only gold machine that I am aware of was the Scorpion and it was not a gold machine at all. The "multi purpose" machines in my experience have been very sensitive treasure hunters but poor gold machines.

That said I have wished a thousand times that I had that Scorpion back when detecting for artifacts or treasure. While the multi purpose machines are not very good on gold nuggets the gold nugget machines are not very good at finding trreasure and artifacts.