Nugget Shooter Forums

Hot Hunt !

adam

Probably against our better judgement a friend and I stayed a couple days out doing some beepin :head: and also managed a bit of drywashing earlier this week. We did some night hunting which resulted in a few nuggets , and several critters....

Heres a couple of them near my hydropack :cigar:

post-1117-0-87695500-1314500848_thumb.jp

Tuesday we set up canopys and sunshades in a likely spot for some drywashing. B)

post-1117-0-37880000-1314500926_thumb.jp

Well lets just say that the there was no delay in the temperature climbing , and quickly! :scare: Heres a shot of the thermometer we kept hanging under a canopy, at 112 degrees it was still early in the day, and by 3pm the mercury had peaked at 115.5 Degrees in the shade.

post-1117-0-93823800-1314500875_thumb.jp

The truth is that we never slowed down, and with exception of a few breaks, we worked from near dawn to dusk. LOTS OF WATER!!

Heres some beeped nuggets. left side are his, and the right side are mine. :head:

post-1117-0-60214800-1314500969_thumb.jp

Total take on the drywashing was just over 3 Grams :brows:

post-1117-0-91964200-1314504911_thumb.jp

Wednesday was alot cooler and finished up our spot when it hit 105 ;)

Very nice! What is the silver colored nugget? Umm, silver?

Looks like fun!

Paul

WTG Adam and Co. :thumbsupanim ? I've been itching to get out but its to darn hotttttt ^__ -I work in it all week-I don't want to play in as well :nutty: .I've been crushing some gold ore I have- picking out the big stuff and running it through a black magic fine gold sluice with good results :zip-lip: -so I guess not all is loss <__ Mike C... :ninja:

Thanks guys , it just boiled down to hard labor as none of the gold would have been found without hours of shoveling.

Frank , all the pieces on the coil were beeped with exception to maybe a few of the smallest, those were probably just specked while digging a target.

Paul , I suspect that the silver nugget is indeed just that. The crystal structure,patina, and density certainly point that direction.