Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

500 for a couple K?

Had a feller call me yesterday wanting to pay me 500.00 cash to get him into a spot where he could find a couple ounces of nuggets...

I asked if he was kidding and he got mad at me, called me a greedy bastard and hung up :nutty:

I was very polite and offered to help him by referring him to educational material and clubs to join before he hung up, but he simply wanted gold.

I would think it funny I guess if I wasn't getting several calls like this a month now :grr01:

Why you know that golds just laying all over the place and he thought he could get it out of your way.

thgnat.gif

Ya should have said why sure, no problem, just buy this new 5000 and I will take you out and show you how to use it and then it's up to you. :D

Allen

In these days where greed and selfishness know no bounds people think money can buy anything.

Just imagine how mad he would have gotten if you took his money and they didn't find anything.

What a jerk.

That guy is a fool waiting to be fooled...lucky for him you are a gentleman of the finest sort...

fred

Hey Bill, you should have take his money, then tell him Mariposa is the hotspot! We got another big fire here, Motor home blew up and Both sides of the Merced River canyon are on Fire! Grubstake

Had a feller call me yesterday wanting to pay me 500.00 cash to get him into a spot where he could find a couple ounces of nuggets...

Find? as in easter egg find? or find as in digging until your hands bleed find?

Wow i will give you $10 for a $100 bill sounds like a heck of a deal.I think people are loosing it. There are plenty of people who will take advantage of a fool like that.It takes all kinds of people now days,

Well, he did say a place where he "COULD" find a couple of ounces! I "COULD" run for president. Will I get it, likely not. But I "COULD" have. LMAO.

Grubby -where on the Merced??? Have videos of and pics of numerous fires on the ol'Merced way back to Bagby times--Know folks with many claims on sherlock and adjoining areas-please inform-thanx-John

Yikes is all I can think of to say..I'm thinking how hard I worked to bang out the few pieces I have found lately...Wow...Geo

Hi Bill and All

Dang it Bill you should have taken my $500.00 offer !! :shrug:

Happy Huntin John B.

Bill- That is just another example of our school system dumbing down the requirements to graduate from high school. It probably seemed reasonable enough to him. Math wasn't his strong subject. Dave

Hang in there, Bill.

Enjoy the humor in it.

Ant Man

Thats just one more reason why I go armed and ready 24/7!!!!! It's getting worse every day, makes me wonder when someone

will try to releive one of us of one of our detectors or other gear ? Might want to think a little more on this subject ! I HAVE !!!

Thanx much for the links FM--poor ol'canyon catching LL yet again. We were there last week a may looking at old claims,old flames and haunts and was so ungodly wet ya couldn't start a fire with a blow torch!! Miss ol' Bagby and Briceburg and days a youth on the merced and thanx again for the info-John

I'll give you a 1000 if you go find me a couple oz's of gold

and you don't even have to haul me along

I'll wait at the bar

Roger