Nugget Shooter Forums

Did you call them. I've waited from 2 days up to 2 weeks from my guy for gold scrap sent in. Check may be in the mail or lost. If he gave a price he should stick to it.

Did you call them. I've waited from 2 days up to 2 weeks from my guy for gold scrap sent in. Check may be in the mail or lost. If he gave a price he should stick to it.

Yes, I called him, He informed me that the check was in the mail, I reminded him that it was a cash deal, he checked & came back that he did not have the money & would call me when he gets the money.

Chuck, it would be a cold day in hell before I sent any gold to anyone, without the money in my hand first, Thats why when I have gold, I sell local, Cash on the exchange, Grubstake

Chuck, it would be a cold day in hell before I sent any gold to anyone, without the money in my hand first, Thats why when I have gold, I sell local, Cash on the exchange, Grubstake

grubstake, I have never sold to a refiner before, it has always been for cash. They made it so easy to hand over my gold to them for I am 84 & Gracie is 87, we don't drive so good any more,They said they lived here on the lake & would meet me at Bugger king ( T Bone was at McDonald's) & there would be no need for me to drive the 150 miles round trip to there place of business, Met the nice Lady & her husband & we enjoyed talking to them, They have a good web site telling how honest they were, what is to not believe?

I have used ARA for some time and they are one of the best around and the highest paying around. They have been quit busy and and been running behing on the 2-3 day service, if your lot was recieved on a Mon or Tue It might get done by the end of the week.

I have never heard of them going out and meeting someone to get your gold.

Signature and delivery confirmation is always the best way thru the mail, You can wait for it at the price of the day it is refined, call in and lock in the price after they recieve it, or call in and bank it in hopes that the price will go higher and then call for your check.

What is the names of the couple you delt with??

Allen

Allen, I think the first Lady was named Amie, the couple that met me at Bugger King, i don't remember, she signed the recipe but cant make it out, She was one of the owners.

I think they are nab ors of mine, but don't know where they live.

I phoned them to find out the hold up & he asked me if I wonted to peg the price, i told him no. the price was going up & up.

. I called 3 or 4 days later & was informed the check was in the mail, He pegged it at $1,757 for pure gold o/z ,

he was paying

75% = OF 10 O/Z nuggets or 233.6 I was disappointed with the price & weight he was paying but had no recourse but to except as a way of life But when he told me the check was in the mail, I informed him that I stipulated cash & was told that I would

receive same, he checked the invoice & told me he would pay when he got the money.

he checked the invoice & told me he would pay when he got the money. I was so happy when they told me they would pick it up & I would not need to drive that 150 mile round trip & fight that traffic.

Allen, I think the first Lady was named Amie, the couple that met me at Bugger King, i don't remember, she signed the recipe but cant make it out, She was one of the owners.

I think they are nab ors of mine, but don't know where they live.

I phoned them to find out the hold up & he asked me if I wonted to peg the price, i told him no. the price was going up & up.

. I called 3 or 4 days later & was informed the check was in the mail, He pegged it at $1,757 for pure gold o/z ,

he was paying

75% = OF 10 O/Z nuggets or 233.6 I was disappointed with the price & weight he was paying but had no recourse but to except as a way of life But when he told me the check was in the mail, I informed him that I stipulated cash & was told that I would

receive same, he checked the invoice & told me he would pay when he got the money.

he checked the invoice & told me he would pay when he got the money. I was so happy when they told me they would pick it up & I would not need to drive that 150 mile round trip & fight that traffic.

One cn expect a 5 to 20% loss on placer gold depending on the impurties when refining, and then get paid 98% of spot depending on what you lock in. I did the same thing on some placer, when I talked to them it was 1865.00 and didn't lock in, think it went down to 1734.00 and is now on the rise again, so I settled on what it was when it is refined. If you get a check it will be good, its the way they keep records. Never had a problem and will continue to use them, like I said they are backed up and could be up to 10 days or so after they recieve it.

Allen

I've sent in a couple of lots to them and never had a problem.... They still have my business!

It is very possible that I was expecting to much, I have never sold to a refiner before, & was told that he was paying

$12,931.30 for 10 o/z of gold nuggets when he got the money. It was when he got the money that was the problem I

have lived porley for 20 yrs on gold, BOUGHT trucks & trailers, motor homes 3 Mine labs & a number of VLFS, 2 6 months trips to W Australia & never had to trust some one to set the price on my gold & when they were going to pay me.

when I gave the man the gold the money was in my hand.

I was led to believe that the older you got the smarter you got, No Way, this old age takes some getting use to

I am not trying to change any ones mind, You need to go with the one you trust. I am too dam old to sell on ebay Any more.

I suppose I could cut the price on ebay for a quick sale.

Howdy Chuck. I sent a pm but you may not have gotten it. Shoot me an email next time your looking to sell some nuggets. I can probably offer you a little better price than the refineries will.

Matt

goldrush@goldrushnuggets.com

$1,293 an oz was what you were paid???? or told?? $500-$600 loss a ounce is bs bigtime(25-30% loss)-sorry for your loss--old dogs DO learn new tricks. Fell in LA MUCH better payouts FAST,been in biz over 25 years and great on poundage--John

$1,293 an oz was what you were paid???? or told?? $500-$600 loss a ounce is bs bigtime(25-30% loss)-sorry for your loss--old dogs DO learn new tricks. Fell in LA MUCH better payouts FAST,been in biz over 25 years and great on poundage--John

John , I had another 10 o/z I was going to give them when they brought me the payment at Burger King,

(if they did)but I cant afford them, Gracie & I camped for years out in the deserts with pore Prospectors &

rich ones & never had a worry, (well a few times when they got to close to a new patch)

I don't think I could Ever send gold to some one with out payment, first, I don't have the desire to sliest trouble.

I was amazed when I was trying to sell some gold at Qsite AZ; This guy that I did not know from Adam wonted to give me a check for 5 one oz vials of small Gold Bug gold. Told him that I could not take a check for I wasn't going home for

3 or 4 months & had no way to cash it. He said that would be fine to deposit the check when I got home & when it cleared

send the gold, There is no way I could trust a stranger that much, I met him 2 yrs later at Qsite, I wish I could remember his name

It is possible he visits this forum, Hi Guy

I used to use D H Fell in Calif and they area great company and have been in business for quit some time. They have a $35.00 assay fee and pay 95.25% up to 200 dwt and with the 10 day payment option you get another 1/4% the more you send in the more % you get paid.

With ARA it is no assay fee and a flat 98% on content. I can prety much figure what I will get in return when I send in placer. I also use them for scrap gold and can figure almost to the dollar what I get.

all packages are sent insured with signature.

I think you would have gotten a better return on your 10 oz if you sent it in for melt judging what you said you got for it. unless there was alot of quartz or other host rock with it.

I hope it all comes out good for you.

Allen

Just saw your post above and that is some right fine gold, you should be able to get a good price for that by the piece here on this forum, I would advertize it in the for sale forum to see what happens, that looks to good to melt.

AIM

I used to use D H Fell in Calif and they area great company and have been in business for quit some time. They have a $35.00 assay fee and pay 95.25% up to 200 dwt and with the 10 day payment option you get another 1/4% the more you send in the more % you get paid. With ARA it is no assay fee and a flat 98% on content. I can prety much figure what I will get in return when I send in placer. I also use them for scrap gold and can figure almost to the dollar what I get. all packages are sent insured with signature. I think you would have gotten a better return on your 10 oz if you sent it in for melt judging what you said you got for it. unless there was alot of quartz or other host rock with it. I hope it all comes out good for you. Allen Just saw your post above and that is some right fine gold, you should be able to get a good price for that by the piece here on this forum, I would advertize it in the for sale forum to see what happens, that looks to good to melt. AIM

Allen, here is an image that the 10 oz came from.

post-873-0-94139200-1314550478_thumb.jpg

This is 10 oz that is ready to go.

Dayuuum, that's some beautiful gold. Me thinks you could do a whole lot better (price wise) with nugget buyers, rather than refiners who are used to processing scrap and bench filings.

Dayuuum, that's some beautiful gold. Me thinks you could do a whole lot better (price wise) with nugget buyers, rather than refiners who are used to processing scrap and bench filings.

Gracie & I went to a treasure show in Longvuew TX, Where A man approached me wonting to buy a nugget& I could not remember how to figure the price I was selling them, MY mind went blank He had to figure the price, lost $90.00 on that deal.

It was Gracie's birth day & she found a silver 4 real that was salvaged from a Spanish treasure ship

that sank in 1715 by Captain Fismer. He was on Pawn Stars advise them on a ships bell that a lady brought in to sell them.

asked him if he wonted to trade for a nugget, Sure I don't know any thing about gold nuggets, what ever you think is fair.

Thought it was worth about $ 150.00 and gave him $ 150.00 worth of nuggets, he was happy with the deal & on the way home Gracie told me that we sure made a great deal, why? She informed me that the coin was priced at $ 500.00, O- S%%T

I did not haft to worry long about cheating him for he in informed me by email that he was told that he paid over a thousand $ a gram for them, Bet, I broke him from trusting any ones judgment on a trade again.That deal cost me postage, insurance & a couple of nuggets for his trouble. Made a good Friend, but I don't think he will trust my JUDGMENT AGAIN.

I am just to dam old, wake up in a different world every day.

post-873-0-51952800-1314569297_thumb.jpg

:puke: CHECKS??? :stupidrb: CHECKS :yikes: we don' take no stinkn' checks :nutty: Yes must agree them righteous jewelry grade nuggets must NOT end up melted into junk gold. Sure wish ya was closer and I knew ya better as I hold gold for friends for up to a year and sell back for 1% as banks not paying squat for interest on anythang anymore. Please post smaller lots on many gold forums as usn' goldnutz HATE to see your legacy nuggets end up in a nasty ugly bar form---John :wubu:

:puke: CHECKS??? :stupidrb: CHECKS :yikes: we don' take no stinkn' checks :nutty: Yes must agree them righteous jewelry grade nuggets must NOT end up melted into junk gold. Sure wish ya was closer and I knew ya better as I hold gold for friends for up to a year and sell back for 1% as banks not paying squat for interest on anythang anymore. Please post smaller lots on many gold forums as usn' goldnutz HATE to see your legacy nuggets end up in a nasty ugly bar form---John :wubu:

I hear you John, When I herd some one wonting melting down one of my nugget I would get hilly insulted,

When I was able to drive it was no problem to sell nuggets in Qsite AZ. every one new the value of a gold nugget.

Happy Days Are Here Again, was just informed that my cash will be at there office at 3;00 pm Tuesday. It mite be later in the week when Steve comes in from NV. to drive me, HE is working a vent, cant Waite to see how it turned out.

Who ever informed them that I was on this form, Thanks A bunch For I was about to Kiss that 10 oz good buy.

Image is of happier times selling gold at Tyson Rock Show in Qsite AZ.

post-873-0-65401400-1314640629_thumb.jpg

Happy Days Are Here Again, was just informed that my cash will be at there office at 3;00 pm Tuesday.

Glad to hear things worked out for you. You have/had some very nice nuggets there. :thumbsupanim

Happy Days Are Here Again, was just informed that my cash will be at there office at 3;00 pm Tuesday. It mite be later in the week when Steve comes in from NV. to drive me, HE is working a vent, cant Waite to see how it turned out.

Who ever informed them that I was on this form, Thanks A bunch For I was about to Kiss that 10 oz good buy.

Image is of happier times selling gold at Tyson Rock Show in Qsite AZ.

I got one of my checks in the mail this morning and had a question on another matter, so I dropped the fact that there was a disgruntled parton not getting paid and it could cause a bad report for them, You had delt with Amy and John I believe, Like I mentioned before, they are a reputable company, so don't know where the ball was dropped, hope everything gets cleared up for you

Allen

ps. was it you and the misses out in Rye Patch many years back when Rye patch burned?? Much gold found after that burn.