Nugget Shooter Forums

i need help with an assay.......

assay.pdfI am in the Philippine Islands and have an interest in some gold bars each bar is aprox. 3 X8"X.75" and weighs 1.3 kilos....i attached the assay sheet and want someone smarter than me about this buried find.

Thanx All Tom

I saw that too homefire, i am no expert however........I did see one of the gold bars, it seemed lighter than i would expect, there are supposed to be 16 of them.....if that is true there is more value than i'll ever see!!!

but if not It was kind of a rush......

Tom

Hiya Tom,

I do not understand how a bar can have an assay of .79 gmt . If correct that is .79 gmt (grams per metric ton).... that is a figure for an ore sample and not a gold bar. If it was a gold bar, it should say the fineness of the bar IE: .995.....

Hiya Tom,

I do not understand how a bar can have an assay of .79 gmt . If correct that is .79 gmt (grams per metric ton).... that is a figure for an ore sample and not a gold bar. If it was a gold bar, it should say the fineness of the bar IE: .995.....

I'm guessing it maybe a "dore" bar from a mine somewhere and hasn't been refined, is that the reason for the assay???

Skip