Nugget Shooter Forums

Possible Virginia Meteorite find

There is a about five to ten "finds" like this one scattered over about a ten acre plot on my family's land in VA. I have been doing some digging and am unsure what to make of it. They are the only stones in the area that look like this. They are well weathered and are near wetlands. Each "find" is this size or larger. What do you guys think we have here?

post-25693-0-84221000-1313981723_thumb.j

post-25693-0-84817500-1313981730_thumb.j

Tough to tell from the pics. Take a file and file an area on one of the ends to expose the interior. Then post a good clear pic of the area you filed. Also do a streak test on the area that you expose.

RS919,

Welcome to the forum! As Frank mentioned, pics are hard to tell from whether something is or not is a meteorite. They appear to be real weathered, approx. 2-3" by 2-3", so relativity small stones. Again, try to "window" a small corner in them to see what the inside looks like. Then, do a streak test on the underside of the toilet tank. The color can be used in determining what it is. You could go as far as doing a bulk density test to get further results (posted on this forum by Desertsunburn). Does it stick to a magnet? These are all things to look for when considering something a meteorite. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Jason ;)

a love stone....

Hi Fred! I have to ask! What's your definition of a love stone??? :thumbsupanim

Oh! Wait! I found it!! :huh:

Use the power of love gemstones to:

• Find true love and romance
  • Improve a love relationship
  • Rekindle lost love
  • Increase the power of love
  • Improve your marriage
  • Meet someone special

Different gem stones are used for help with different kinds of love situations. Read these articles:

Nope. The definition is just a fu<&ing rock. I have several tons of love stones that I have packed in to the homestead so I am an expert at them now.

And yes Frank, some love stones are SHEmatite and some are HEmatite and some you just cant tell. With some others it does not matter.

It seems we are hitting the "post" button about the same time Fred!

My Moqui Balls are the only true love stone. The rest are all just fu<&ing rocks.

And gemstones will definitely improve your sex life. Just walk into a club with a handfull of diamonds and see how tough it is to get laid. Rubies and emeralds will probably work almost as good. And in this case hundred dollar bills are also considered gemstones.