Nugget Shooter Forums

Help needed to order whites GMT from Kellyco

idrissleroy

Hello all

It's been a while since i'm looking to buy a detector. I've got a quote for a GMT from Kellyco but it's been two weeks i've been trying to send the money to them unsuccessfully. I've tried with PayPal but i'm not allowed to pay more than $100 and due to malfunction of the bank's website if i want to pay via PayPal i have to wait for the bank to post me a statement to be permitted to pay more than $100. This could take almost a month and i'm not sure i could keep the money untouched till then. So i've tried to send the money via Western Union but the local office said they have never sent money to a company like Kellyco and they don't know how to do it. They're used to send money to persons, not companies. Kellyco sales rep, Chaymae Schmidt suggested me to send the money via Western Union to a friend in the US and ask him to pay for the detector for me. I've got no friend in the US but i'm determined to order this detector. If any of you forumers could make a call to Chaymae Schmidt at Kellyco's then may be someone could help me order the GMT. I would add the sales quote sent by Kellyco if i knew how to do it but here are informations which could help know more about this quote: Sales Quote Number:SQ22706; Customer ID: C207729.

Thanks for looking

Idriss

See if your bank can do a wire transfer of the money to Kellyco's bank, it's the only way I can see the money getting to them instantly and get the GMT in the mail to you quickly.

If you can do this, make sure the wire transfer has the info on your order included as to what the funds are for.

Skip

See if your bank can do a wire transfer of the money to Kellyco's bank, it's the only way I can see the money getting to them instantly and get the GMT in the mail to you quickly.

If you can do this, make sure the wire transfer has the info on your order included as to what the funds are for.

Skip

Hi Au Seeker

I've considered that option but bank sais they have no connexion with Kellyco's bank and they have to make the wire transfer through City Bank and this could take almost to weeks before Kellyco to get the money. I would prefer an instant transfer which could lead to a quicker mailing of the detector.

Idriss

I do wire transfers all the time. Both incoming and outgoing. Doesn't take long at all. Kellyco needs to provide the account number and the SWIFT number of their bank. Go to your bank and provide them with the information and the deal is done.

Wire transfer fees could be up to $40.00 on your end and $10 or $20 dollars on Kellyco end.

Normally you would do this business using a Pro Forma invoice, with everyone agreeing to the cost and terms of the shipment.

You can look online but I would just contact Kellyco and your bank and get'r done.

Since you are from Africa, and there is a lot of scams coming from that area, it might be hard, personally this message seems a little fishy to me, but the best way is to go purchase a visa credit card at a store, and call and give them the number, or if you have a credit card, purchase with that.

Dave

Hello all

It's been a while since i'm looking to buy a detector. I've got a quote for a GMT from Kellyco but it's been two weeks i've been trying to send the money to them unsuccessfully. I've tried with PayPal but i'm not allowed to pay more than $100 and due to malfunction of the bank's website if i want to pay via PayPal i have to wait for the bank to post me a statement to be permitted to pay more than $100. This could take almost a month and i'm not sure i could keep the money untouched till then. So i've tried to send the money via Western Union but the local office said they have never sent money to a company like Kellyco and they don't know how to do it. They're used to send money to persons, not companies. Kellyco sales rep, Chaymae Schmidt suggested me to send the money via Western Union to a friend in the US and ask him to pay for the detector for me. I've got no friend in the US but i'm determined to order this detector. If any of you forumers could make a call to Chaymae Schmidt at Kellyco's then may be someone could help me order the GMT. I would add the sales quote sent by Kellyco if i knew how to do it but here are informations which could help know more about this quote: Sales Quote Number:SQ22706; Customer ID: C207729.

Thanks for looking

Idriss

Since you are from Africa, and there is a lot of scams coming from that area, it might be hard, personally this message seems a little fishy to me, but the best way is to go purchase a visa credit card at a store, and call and give them the number, or if you have a credit card, purchase with that.

Dave

I know people no more trust africans but i don't feel concerned as i need noone's monney to get what i'm looking for. I'm not interested in others personal infos as I have to keep mine safe from those who you refer to. This being said, I've got a Visa credit card and i proposed to give them the card number but the sales rep said it couldn't work in the US as it hasn't been purchased there!!!! I don't know why.

Idriss

Idriss...your first mistake is dealing with Kellyco...there's 100's of other dealers in the USA that are honest

and will give you good service....like Bill Southern the owner of this site....don't know if he sells Whites or

not but probably could guide you to someone that does...

Being from Africa the only way I know of for a quick transfer of funds is to have a bank account in the USA

and do a wire transfer from that bank to another bank...but I don't think it's going to be fast...

Idriss...your first mistake is dealing with Kellyco...there's 100's of other dealers in the USA that are honest

and will give you good service....like Bill Southern the owner of this site....don't know if he sells Whites or

not but probably could guide you to someone that does...

Being from Africa the only way I know of for a quick transfer of funds is to have a bank account in the USA

and do a wire transfer from that bank to another bank...but I don't think it's going to be fast...

Thank's Garimpo for the advise but i've tried to deal with some forumers and as you say it's not easy when you're from Africa. Some like Colorado Oro were very kind and willing to deal with me but others were suspicious or very naughty. I do understand as most of the scammers are africans. Colorado Oro had a GMT for sale but the shipping cost he got from UPS was $638 whereas Kellyco gave me a quote of $255 for a GMT plus accessories. I thought may be Kellyco has advantages that Colorado Oro couldn't have for freight. I'm now confused about Kellyco's quote and i think i will make a little researchs before deciding to send the money.

Thanks a lot

Idriss

Idriss unless your live in a large city on the coast and UPS or any of the freight companies have a office

in your city don't even think about that type of shipment....

Kellyco's low price should give you a clue that something isn't right...

I run into this problem all the time since I live in Brazil...no inland deliveries from the freighters but one thing

you can do is get a Cashiers Check from a local bank in USD(US Dollars)....send it to the seller via the

fastest way from your country....have the seller mail the detector to you by USPS(United States Postal

Service) by International Expres....it's the most expensive but the fastest and most secure....and have the

seller get the tracking number for you so you can keep track of it on your computer.....

The speed it reaches you will depend on how fast your customs people process the package....then they

will send it to your local post office and they will notify you when it arrives there....then you will have to

go to the post office and pay the customs duty to get the package....

Have fun learning patience....

Idrissleroy I would not hesitate to buy from Kellyco they have been in business for 56 years if they were ripping people off I am pretty sure they would be out of business. If you are concerned about the shipping quote from Kellyco ask them again. You

should be able to use your visa card. I would call visa and let them know that you want to make a purchase outside of your country

there really should be a problem. If you know someone here in the USA that you trust ask them to buy it then ship it to you. Any way Good luck.

Idissleroy,

Before you do anything i would verify with your African customs department if there are any restrictions or rules involved with importing a metal detector.

I had one shipped to me in Bahrain and it was confiscated as "military equipment." After four months I finally gave up and walked away because I was never going to get it back. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Paul

Hey Idissleroy

I don't have a problem selling you the detector. With PayPal payment. The shipping cost I give you was for UPS which charges for the shipping by footprint of size of the package. They also charge a flat rate no matter what the package weight is. The GMT I have listed, is 7.5 lbs, but it falls in the footprint of the 10 kilo gram size so cost is very high. You didn't want it shipped by USPS Int Express which is much cheaper. I can tell you right now, Kellyco ships USPS. No I can not repackage in a different box and get a lower rate from UPS. The GMT is not like a Minelab, With the display the controlbox will not detach from the handle and upper shaft. Sorry but I can't control what UPS charges to ship to your country. With that said if you PM me your address and postal code I can get you a USPS Int Express price.

Thanks

CH

I used to send thru Western Union to Kellyco sales rep. So you can ask them or pay some extra to pick money from Western Union.

Thanks Paul for your advice. I just did like you, i sent the money to the sales rep with some extra and now the GMT may be on it's way to me. It's good to know that although african, I still can count on many forumers. Thanks all and thanks Colorado Oro also but as i said, PayPal hasn't allowed me to pay more than $100 yet. That's why i couldn't deal with you.

Idriss

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm happy to tell you I'm the new owner of a GMT!!! Thank you Paul and all I'm especially proud to be member of this forum. Some forumers thought (some wrote it in some forum)being an african i'd better go for fishing rather than metal detecting . I hope I could show they were wrong as soon as possible. See you for my first find.

Idriss

Archived