Nugget Shooter Forums

I made the journey to Yelland Dy Lake with the Hershey Gang, Dennis Miller and Bryan Couch.

What a great three day hunt in a beautiful location of northern Nevada that was a bit hot,but worth the trip.

Here are a couple of photos showing my H4 finds.

Richard aka kgmrg

24 .0g

20.7 g

post-3321-0-41733400-1313688013_thumb.jp

post-3321-0-61542400-1313688039_thumb.jp

Aloha Richard,

Good to see you made it home safe after the long drive. Just a reminder my friend: Mahalo for the ride and i owe you one big time, just dont expect any meteorites in the mail. :D

Yep, Team Hershey had a great time and we all walked away satisfied.

Dennis Miller and myself walked away with more than we planned but looking at the posted pic it should be self explanatory.

My second best find of :stupidrb: day two was a walking stick with two big rare earth magnets on the end. My best find of the day was found about twenty feet from the stick, a nice 23.8 grammer. After that it is was all good for me.

A side trip up to Garnet Hill was fun and we all heard Jasons (YAHOOOOO) when he scored a nice garnet.

Pics of our finds will probably be posted over the next couple of days.

Aloha and stay safe out there.

Stan aka Ka'imi

post-1619-0-82813400-1313689689_thumb.jp

post-1619-0-04652000-1313689827_thumb.jp

Stan

It was a long drive home, but I made it. Thanks for asking

I'm just glad I didn't run into the same problem you and Dennis had

with two flat tires. :o With that said, I can't wait for the next Team Hershey Hunt.

Stay cool my friend,

Richard aka kgmrg :cigar:

Great stuff, Richard. Thanks for sharing!

See what happens when you take a Hummer off-road? If you ever want to ride in a real 4x4 there's room in my Toyota! :)

Aloha Mikestang,

You may have a great ride BUT does it have On Star? That was the only thing that really saved our butt when we had them two flats. Spotty Verizon coverage and for some reason the AAA number does not work in that area. We spent over 20 minutes having to conference call AAA, the tire shop and the two truck driver thru the On Star operator. She was fantastic and I only wish I had her name to call her supervisor and give her a :whoope: for her part.

Word to any other off roader out there who has AAA, call your agent to ask for an alternate phone number to use in case of emergencies.

Aloha and stay safe,

Stan aka Ka'imi

Hi all!

An article on this event is in the works. It is currently being reviewed by the involved hunters and additional information will be added, corrections made, etc. It may take a few days, but should be a good read....or at least, I hope it will be!

Jim

Aloha Jim,

Must be old age or just the fact that I have not been paying attention BUT is that cat really drumming his fingers impatiently.

I am once again getting the need to go out into the desert so I may take a run out into the dry lakes surrounding Primm this weekend to try out my new found magnetic stick.

Aloha and stay safe,

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha Jim,

Must be old age or just the fact that I have not been paying attention BUT is that cat really drumming his fingers impatiently.

I am once again getting the need to go out into the desert so I may take a run out into the dry lakes surrounding Primm this weekend to try out my new found magnetic stick.

Aloha and stay safe,

Stan aka Kaimi

Yep, it is drumming it's fingers! It was not working at first so I think Bill is working on some bugs. That reminds me, I need to report another bug!

Jim

Hi all!

I posted a Yelland Dry Lake Trip Report and Results on my web page that you may enjoy reading.

It's in the upper right corner of the web page below.

Hope you enjoy.

Jim Wooddell

https://k7wfr.us

Very nice finds guys, I wish i would have gone also.. Nice job on the article and photos Jim, well done.

Terry

If you wouldn't get bored with a local hunt, we are planning a Franconia hunt with the gang on Columbus Day weekend, October 8-9,2011

Richard aka kgmrg

It was truly a great hunt at yellend sad to say that that was my last trip there as I think I already have enough yellend 952g in 45 fragments ranging form 0.5g to 99.7g so on to greener hunting grounds. Wish I could make the birthday trip mines the 15th but the wife is having surgey on the 26th and I have to be around the house to look after her so maybe another hunt. And Richard thanks again for the scale cube your the man.

Bryan

It was truly a great hunt at yellend sad to say that that was my last trip there as I think I already have enough yellend 952g in 45 fragments ranging form 0.5g to 99.7g so on to greener hunting grounds. Wish I could make the birthday trip mines the 15th but the wife is having surgey on the 26th and I have to be around the house to look after her so maybe another hunt. And Richard thanks again for the scale cube your the man.

Bryan

Bryan

You are welcome. Sorry you can't make the hunt in October, but there will be others and I hope we hook up again.

We need to exchange info for future outings. :)

Richard aka kgmrg