Nugget Shooter Forums

New York Beach Claim Paying Off..

Nice gold Terry!!!

HYPE??? 47 dead...in the top ten for property damage...yes, it could have been much worse or it could have made a right turn and been nothing; that is weather forecasting...

fred

Gotta blame someone for something or our job as Americans is not done.

Well Jones Beach on Long Island FINALLY opened today, and I got in a 4.5-hour hunt. The beach was sanded back in, maybe worse than before in places, but I did manage to find a couple of blacksand depressions that gave up some coins, and a very nice little 18K ring with stone! I was about two-hours into the hunt, and a nice couple had just stopped me to ask a few questions about detecting. We had just said our goodbyes and I barely had the headphones back on when I tripped on my golden ticket. I yelled to the couple who hadn't gotten 15-feet, and strolled over and told them to look in the scoop. All three of us did a little happy dance! I think they are hooked on detecting!

299917_1511033791861_1714876158_818345_2013095_n.jpg

313900_1511029711759_1714876158_818342_28323_n.jpg

well, it's you that motivated me to go and get a new sand shark Terry. tomorrow will be my 1st day hittin the so cal beachs, wish me lu$k, Thanx, BIGGUY

WoW!!! Good Luck and Big Gold to you! Make sure you set the Threshold tone (High or Low), to what YOUR ear hears the best. Start in the Normal mode, Pulse Width about 2pm, Volume up, Threshold as low as possible, so that over the waves you barely hear the hummmmmmmm.. Stay in the water! The other guys can't get in the water with us. You'll see 95-percent of the other guys with submersibles ankle deep! You go BigGuy!

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I hate throwing Terry a bone... :shhhhh: I have to admit he has single handedly motivated me to take up beach hunting as well, when my Sandshark arrives next week I will be patrolling the beaches of San Diego trying to top Terry's 17 day record.

Just kidding about the bone part Terry....yer a true pal :wubu: If we get enough beach hunters in the forums Bill might just have to kick in a "Beach Hunting" Sub forum. Beach hunting also gives me the opportunity to kick in some new youtube video's. i used to do quite a bit of beach hunting back in the early 90's then life got busy, I gotta drop a couple of lb's now anyway so I could use the cardio.

Terry,

I am most impressed and happy for your success! You did mention something that caught my attention. You said you hunt in the black sand depressions? I never thought about that before, but does beach jewelry collect with the black sands the same as gold tends to? If so, that would really help pinpoint some better spots to try. Is there a technique to beach combing or (as I thought) is it just finding a lucky spot?

Thanks.

Paul

As much as I hate throwing Terry a bone... :shhhhh: I have to admit he has single handedly motivated me to take up beach hunting as well, when my Sandshark arrives next week I will be patrolling the beaches of San Diego trying to top Terry's 17 day record.

Just kidding about the bone part Terry....yer a true pal :wubu: If we get enough beach hunters in the forums Bill might just have to kick in a "Beach Hunting" Sub forum. Beach hunting also gives me the opportunity to kick in some new youtube video's. i used to do quite a bit of beach hunting back in the early 90's then life got busy, I gotta drop a couple of lb's now anyway so I could use the cardio.

Gosh Bucket, I had no idea being boned was so nice.. :inocent: Thanks and BIG GOLD with your new machine!

Terry,

I am most impressed and happy for your success! You did mention something that caught my attention. You said you hunt in the black sand depressions? I never thought about that before, but does beach jewelry collect with the black sands the same as gold tends to? If so, that would really help pinpoint some better spots to try. Is there a technique to beach combing or (as I thought) is it just finding a lucky spot?

Thanks.

Paul

Sure! The gold is the heaviest stuff on the beach, so you are looking for the black sand streaks and pockets on top of the hard clay beach bottom. A lot of times the black sands are indicators the topsand has been drawn off into the ocean, revealing areas with pebbles and shells that are sitting on top of the clay. These depressions can hide little honey holes that can be full of lead sinkers, or old coins and rings. I think I have had a lot of success, because of lessons learned as a gold prospector, and chasing gold down dry washes. Reading a beach is - ALMOST - second nature. Out hip deep in the water, that is where it's completely different. You have to develop a flow and be fast with pinpointing and scooping, or you'll be knocked off targets continuously. You must deal with the power of the surf, crashing in and sucking out. But, just as with gold, the guy that goes where others can't - or won't, gets the gold!

"Gosh Bucket, I had no idea being boned was so nice"... That depends on who's bone'n you!! :evil1:

"The gold is the heaviest stuff on the beach" <----usually the "Zonies" are the heaviest stuff on the San Diego beaches!!! :inocent:

I will keep you posted as to how well stocked the beaches here are, I never have had much luck in the past so I will change my strategy and with a more specialized machine I should do much better.

Bucket,in SD-or anywhere-go to rich folks beaches as their egos mandate wearing all them sparkling doodads to the beach and YOU end up with them or great cash rewards. Made plenty at Cardiff/Corona Del Mar, and Laguna Nigel giving classes and lectures and finding keys to a Lambo got me a 5 minute $100 reward. Terry that scoop is a arm killer??? Beautiful ring bud and nuttn' but respect :brows: John

Can't wait to see your beach finds Bucket! Hoser John, that scoop is just like swinging a pick all day - it can put a hurtin' on ya after five, six-hours! The little handle I put on it from Wally World helps A LOT! Thanks for all the kind words fellas, and I hope to see some of you soon. Should be in Arizona in time for the outings, as our season has already started!