Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Allen in MT

Now that is little, small, tiny or what ever weight wise

Was up on the NWMGP club claims this past weekend for an outing, I didn't participate in the common operation but instead opted to go on my own and do some metal detecting. I was watching a guy with a ML 3500 in a particular dig area and he was detecting the bank and raking down the bank and had found 2 pieces. A little later I went back and a guy with a GB2 (10") was working the same area but did not find anything. The next morning I went to the same area and began re-working the area that had been pulled down. I was using the GB2 with 6" coil. I started hitting some really small pieces and kept re-working the area over and over. and then broke some of the bank down until I was to pooped to work any more and it was hot. Well I ended up with 43 little pieces ranging from .258 gm down to .008 gm (my smallest find yet) for a total weight of 2.738 grams. The .008 gm looks bigger than one of the others but is paper thin and was just a faint signal. Took me about 4 hours to get these and I really enjoyed it. All in an area about 5'x5' now that is dedication and could only have been done with the 6" coil

e&hagd

Allen in MT

post-227-0-89922400-1313435924_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-18324600-1313435937_thumb.jpg

Now that's some dedication! Gold is gold... no matter how small... right? :thumbsupanim

yOU'VE JUST PROVEN ONCE AGAIN THAT IT'S THE MAN BEHIND THE MACHINE AND not NECESSARILY THE MACHINE THE MAN IS USING. sAME SAME WITH DRYWASHING,DREDGING AND SLUICING oops sorry know your equipment backwards,forward and every way then you prosper. Can't even begin to tell ya how many pounds of gold I've gotten in TOTALLY worked out spots. Patience is a virtue and by them nice lil'ol'dinks you have proven it again, nice swinging and kudos to ya too-John

Some day I too will have a GB.

ALLEN.DID THEY HAVE A GOOD SPLIT ON THE COMMON DIG LIKE LAST MONTH.

THAT GB2 WITH THE 6'' COIL IS A GREAT COMBO FOR LOCATING THOSE SMALL NUGS.

HARRY

Allen, I'm with you on the GB. Without it I would have a lot smaller poke. I also us a 4500 but I haven't found anything with it in six months. Not it's fault it just can't seem to hit the small stuff and that is what is mostly there where I'm hunting. You never fail to impress me with your ability to always find the little ones. WTG.

Allen

Where you using that GB I sold you with the 6 in coil? Hope everything worked out with that Detector..AZ

boorb Sorry double post boorb

Thanks Frank, like azblackbird said it takes dedication.

Harry, The gold was not as good as the month before, must have just been a pocket they gort into.

Al C, I also have the 5000 8" commandar coil and most of this would not read.

Jim, no it was the one I have had for some time.